Peacock Ford has an immediate need for a Certified Diesel Technician to join our growing team at our new state-of-the-art facility!
As a Certified Diesel Technician, you will use your expertise to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair medium-duty trucks as assigned and in accordance with factory standards.
Peacock Ford is part of Peacock-Griffey Automotive, a subsidiary of Peacock Automotive, a rapidly growing, dynamic company with endless opportunities in our dealerships representing many of the top brands in the world. Based out of the Hilton Head, SC area, we own and operate dealerships in Columbia, SC, Savannah, GA, and Orlando, FL.
Peacock Automotive is committed to delivering the highest level of positive experiences to our customers, employees, and community. Working together is the key to making Peacock Automotive a great place to work. We want people who can contribute to a customer-centric environment.
As part of our very competitive compensation package, we provide excellent employee benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Supplemental Insurance Coverage
- Vehicle Purchase and Service Discounts
- Paid Training
- Consistent volume of work
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Diesel technology program graduate preferred
- Five years of professional experience as a diesel/automotive mechanic
- Medium duty truck repair experience in a shop setting is required
- Must be team-oriented, flexible, and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Great mechanical skills
- Safe working knowledge of shop tools and equipment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid U.S. Driver's License with a Good Driving Record
- Background Check and Pre-employment Drug Test
As part of our hiring process, please make sure to apply for the position first and then complete the Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment by clicking on this link: https://assessment.predictiveindex.com/SY6/e74b58d3-4aa5-4dc2-8d5c-32be5661193c?type=candidateba. The assessment will take 5-10 minutes.
We are an equal opportunity and drug-free workplace that participates in E-Verify. A criminal history background check and drug test will be conducted prior to beginning employment.