Female&Male Trainees - Commercial Catering or Refrigeration Technicians - City&Guilds Assured Programme
Hi, I’m Mike and I am now on the hunt for our next cohort of trainees to join our City and Guilds Assured technical academy training programme.
We are looking for both female and male Technicians to join us, just like Shannon, Danny, & George did, they’ve all successfully been through our Technical Academy and passed with flying colours, none of them having had any prior knowledge of commercial kitchen maintenance, they are all part of a team of field-based technicians, and we are rapidly growing! Want to know more?
Do want to learn a new trade and want to be successful in long-term career? Are you up for a 2-year, paid training programme and have what it takes to become a highly skilled and qualified Commercial Catering or Refrigeration Technician?
Then look no further…! I’m waiting to hear from you.
What a Typical Day Looks Like:
- There isn’t one! Every day is different, different locations and different customers - from schools and colleges to commercial kitchens at well-known sporting venues. Have a look at our website to see the types of customers we work with.
- You will be building your portfolio to evidence your competence in each area of the training programme giving a structured approach to your learning.
- You will be carrying out preventive maintenance, callouts and repairs on a wide variety of commercial kitchen equipment.
- You will have your own allocated sites upon completion of the trainee programme where you will build relationships with your customers and really get to know the ins and outs of each kitchen you come across.
- Competitive starting salary, with the opportunity to increase your salary every 3 months
- City&Guilds Assured training and development programme
- Company vehicle and phone
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Income protection
- Health cash plans
- Share Options
- Discretionary bonus
- Excellent opportunities for progression
- Company part funded trips here and aboard
- As we are looking for people to join us for a career, rather than a job, we expect a minimum four-year investment from you. If you were to leave before this time period, training costs would be applicable.
- Must have held a full UK Manual Drivers licence for a minimum of one year
- Must be prepared to commit a minimum of 4 years to work with us
- Must have enthusiasm and a good attitude to learning
- Must be willing to travel (van is provided)
Who are we?
We are a leading industry provider of commercial kitchen service and maintenance in the UK and abroad. We are proud to have been awarded the Princess Royal Training Award for our Technical Academy in 2017, as well as being awarded City&Guilds Assured status for our Training Academy, we pride ourselves on the strong relationships we have with our customer base of blue-chip, prestigious establishments and organisations from a range of industries.
You will be enrolled onto our City&Guilds Assured Technical Academy, which will see you progress from a Trainee to City and Guilds Assured Technician, within a 24-month period. You will be assigned a dedicated, experienced coach who will provide you with 1-2-1 people, technical and commercial skills to successfully develop a long career with MCFT. You will also attend weekly hands-on technical training at our prestigious off-site facility.
We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully seeing you at our assessment day, and joining us in March.
Technical Learning and Development Manager
Strictly no agencies - we are looking for people who manage their own future!