We are an infrastructure services holding company whose subsidiaries have provided a wide range of services for electrical transmission/distribution, power generation, heavy civil infrastructure and traditional/renewable energy investment projects since 1999. Our vertical integration allows the amalgamation of employees that bring decades of professional experience in the fields of civil, electrical, construction, engineering, project management, and project development. The corporate culture fosters an environment where employees are exposed to all facets of our business model which provides opportunities for growth.
We are in need of a full-time Fleet Maintenance Supervisor for our main facility in Melville NY. This position is expected to lead the activities of the maintenance department to ensure that fleet and heavy equipment is available, dependable and safe at all times. Oversee preventative maintenance program and ensure compliance with corporate policies and government regulations. Our wide ranging fleet consists of over 2,000 pieces of On and Off road Heavy Construction / Utility Equipment.
- Supervise all aspects of the service department
- Breakdowns and Emergencies – Field Calls / Requests, ensuring efficiencies in dispatching of Mechanics 24/7. Manage and prioritize the tasks of 15+ mobile mechanics.
- Work closely with Dispatch department to minimize equipment downtime
- Quality control reviews / spot checks / improvement
- Developing lists of reliable 3rd party vendors for all Job sites for emergencies and 3rd party vehicle maintenance to support our widespread operations.
- Tracking State Inspections / Dielectric Testing / ANSI / First Aid Kits / Fire Extinguishers
- 3rd Party repairs / vendors (Mechanical and Cosmetic)
- Equipment Customization / Up-fitting Requests
- Increase efficiencies
- Oversee, utilize and improve preventative maintenance program
- Review all service reports / Review mechanics work orders
- Approve vendor invoices
- Maintain parts and inventory to increase mechanic efficiencies.
- Communicate with management regarding employees and handle disciplinary action as needed.
- Assist in hiring and staffing needs.
- Conduct performance evaluations on all service employees.
- Conduct safety meetings.
- Shop Cleanliness and Safe work environment
- Warranties – tracking and submitting reimbursements.
- Improve purchasing practices to reduce maintenance costs
- Performing all employee assessments quarterly
- Determine level of expertise / capabilities of mechanics vs. third party repairs accordingly
Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- ASE certification (NY State Inspectors license a plus)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management role.
- Experience with BOTH Utility and off-road heavy equipment a must.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Computer literate with experience using MS Office and fleet management systems. (Viewpoint Software a plus)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, teambuilding and oral/written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and computer skills.
Combined office and shop environment.
Medical, Dental, Vision Life Insurance Short Term & Long Term Disability 401k 5% Company Match (Fully Vested at the end of the year) Paid Time Off
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Role: Fleet Maintenance Supervisor ( Automotive, Construction and Utility)
Apply for this job now.