Company: II-VI INCORPORATED
Job Type: Apprenticeship, FullTime
II-VI/ M Cubed's Newark, DE site is looking for two Maintenance Mechanic/ Technicians, one to support facilities and another to support furnace maintenance activities. This person will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned or needed.
- High school diploma required.
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience required.
- Completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- Vacuum furnace experience highly desirable.
- AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance desirable.
- Strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
- Strong electrical troubleshooting/repair abilities.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Able to get along well with others.
- Able to frequently lift/push/pull objects that are 75 pounds, or heavier, frequently.
- Able to sit, stand, squat, bend, reach, stretch and walk about the facility.
- Able to operate a forklift.
M Cubed, a division of II-VI Incorporated, is a globally recognized market leader, delivering unique material solutions and precision performance products to some of the world's fastest growing industries. Our advanced material solutions (ceramics, metal matrix composites) are complimented with vertically integrated manufacturing processes that deliver ultra-precision products at the sub-micron level.
II-VI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job requires that an individual come into contact with raw materials, products, equipment / machines, software or technology controlled by the Export Administration Regulations or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations. The job must be filled by a U.S. person, or a person for whom a valid export control license, or exception, has been obtained or is not required from the U.S. Government.Job Posted by ApplicantPro