Coos County is recruiting for a Health & Human Services Director at our CoosBay, OR location! You will need to relocate if hired for this position.
Selected candidate will be responsible for optimizing the operational, financial, and programmatic excellence of the services provided by Coos Health & Wellness (CHW), encompassing behavioral health, public health, prevention and health promotion programs for Coos County. This position serves as the primary leader for integrated health management services that will support the State’s triple aim; better care, better health, and reduced cost. Responsible for providing the vision and road map for integrated health services within CHW and the community with a focus on strategic and business planning.
VISIT WWW.CO.COOS.OR.US under the Human Resources tab for a full job description and requirements. Excellent benefits package.
Administers and enforces state statutes, administrative rules and regulations in public health, behavioral health, addictions and prevention programs. The work involves program direction and supervision of all professional and administrative staff, budget preparation and expenditure control of local, state, federal and private funds; does related work as delegated by the Board of County Commissioners.
Directs, coordinates and guides courses of action in operations by staff in the following areas: public health, behavioral health, addictions, prevention and other human services programs. Administers program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluations. Makes policy and program decisions.
1. Provides leadership to drive meaningful change for integration of services within CHW and the community, employing best practices in measurement and performance improvement, and utilizing data to drive improvement.
2. Identifies areas of synergy and overlap among CHW programs and collaboratively works to streamline the care continuum to eliminate waste and redundancy while increasing value for clients, staff and community.
3. Negotiates contracts, sets rates, directs scope of work for contracts, as well as any special provisions; works closely with County Counsel regarding contract language; assigns supervision of contracts, budget and service negotiations with subcontractors; directs, supervises and reviews the program plans and grant applications; presents contracts to Board of Commissioners for approval.
4. Directs preparation of the annual budget in coordination with the department’s Finance Director; supervises the department’s fiscal planning and management. Negotiates annual budgets for programs with the State Department of Human Services, Coordinated Care Organizations and grantors.
5. Assures compliance with ORS, OAR and Coos County policies. Assures CHW meets the standards set by the appropriate regulatory agencies.
6. Provides oversight of continuous quality improvement activities.
7. Plans and supervises department’s personnel organization, hiring, training, evaluating, promoting and termination decisions; evaluates performance of division directors.
8. Coordinates department services with other agencies and community partners; works with various program advisory boards and councils; represents Coos Health & Wellness to other community and state groups. Directs the preparation of annual plans and reports; evaluates quality of program services.
9. Assures the collection and compilation of health statistics and other data as required by statute, administrative rule, county code, grants and proposals; provides maintenance of all records.
10. Provides input into legislative proposals affecting public and behavioral health, addictions, primary care and school based health centers and other human services; works with State Department of Human Resources Division, Oregon Health Authority, Coordinated Care Organizations in policy and procedure development.
11. Participates as a Member on the Advanced Health Board of Directors. Participates on local and regional health care boards to promote the integration of physical and behavioral health and addictions treatment services.
12. Facilitates a healthy and safe treatment environment for staff and patients.
13. Describes the operations of all CHW programs to lay and professional visitors and interested civic groups.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Bachelor’s or higher degree in business, health care administration or other related field with a minimum of ten years administrative experience OR a Master’s degree in behavioral, social or health science with a minimum of seven years administrative experience in health and human services, community health centers and/or a mental health system; or any equivalent combination of experience, education and training as it relates to the position. Preference may be given to candidates with knowledge of the following: principles and practices of community health/behavioral health services, including organizational development; program and personnel management; thorough knowledge and experience in fiscal management of health care services; knowledge of statutes, rules and codes governing community health/behavioral health services; knowledge of the function of public health, behavioral health and addictions services; along with high level skills in service development, management and practices.
· Previous experience in management/leadership roles required, including organizational development, program and personnel management;
· Experience in developing, implementing and enforcing operational procedures;
· Experience writing, negotiating, implementing and monitoring contracts;
· Must be able to develop and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with other community health leaders, contractors, State and County administrators;
· Ability to comprehend statutes, rules and codes governing community health services and apply regulations within all program operations;
· Ability to design and implement fiscal systems, policy guidelines and organizational goals and to analyze complex issues and devise practical solutions;
· Ability to manage and supervise professional, paraprofessional and support personnel;
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
· Ability to plan health care systems; coordinate department activities with government and community organizations;
· Ability to perform public relations activities;
· Ability to work independently and organize work priorities;
· Physical capability to interact with others effectively, attend meetings and conferences as required, travel within county on daily basis, travel within State on regular basis and travel outside State on occasional basis.
· Excellent computer skills;
· Experience with data collection, quality management.
Role: Director - Health & Human Services Director
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.