Staff Accountant Position at Drazan, Henke and Associates
Why Join Us?
Drazan, Henke and Associates is a small, dedicated CPA firm striving to provide the best client service and experience in the Southwest Metro. We offer staff challenging work and plenty of opportunity to grow and develop your career. If you're looking for a small company where your voice will be heard, your contributions valued, and your abilities challenged, DHA may be the place for you!
What You'll Be Doing:
Staff Accountants primarily act as a Tax Preparer, preparing tax returns and financial information from information obtained from clients. You will also perform duties which fall under the category of Monthly Accounting Services for clients, such as bookkeeping or payroll. Staff Accountants typically assist Managers and Partners in completing client projects and most work is performed with supervision.
Some of the essential job functions include:
- Tax Preparer of individual, business, fiduciary, and non-profit tax returns of varying complexity
- Prepare sales tax return, payroll tax returns, and year end tax documents for clients
- Work with clients and DHA staff to prepare client Year-End Tax Planning
- Perform basic financial analysis including financial forecasts and cash flow analysis
- Perform intermediate level accounting tasks including bookkeeping and payroll
- Work directly with Partners to determine and meet all client's tax and accounting needs
Who We're Looking For:
- Our ideal candidate is a smart, organized individual who has a professional background and is looking to take on new challenges and responsibilities
- You're tech savvy - Excel, Adobe, QuickBooks, digital workload management, tax preparation software - you know them all and are comfortable learning new software programs
- Balancing multiple projects doesn't daunt you, and you're eager to learn new tasks and take on projects
- You're able to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments
- You'll need great communication skills to effectively work with clients and your colleagues
- You have a great positive attitude and you're always open to feedback that will help you continue to develop in your role and beyond
- Basic to intermediate level of knowledge about tax preparation, accounting and bookkeeping will be necessary for you to excel in this position
- You're prefect for this role if you have a strong background in financials and have experience doing accounting and tax preparation for small businesses and individuals
- 1-3 years of experience as a tax preparer and in accounting is preferable, and you're either already a CPA or you're working towards becoming one
What Makes This a Great Place to Work?
Not only does Drazan, Henke and Associates offer employees a competitive salary and benefits package (PTO, group medical plan, company matched 401k, and more), but we also offer a fun and casual atmosphere focused on teamwork. We encourage our staff to continue to grow and develop in their role and beyond, so there's always a next step to work towards. You'll love coming to work all year round -- whether you're getting an adrenaline rush during the busy tax season or enjoying our reduced office hours from May-September.
Role: Staff Accountant/Tax Preparer
Apply for this job now.