COMPANY: INDEPENDENT LIVES (DISABILITY)
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Job Title: Personal Assistant Location : Croydon (New Addington area) Hourly rate: £ Reference: CC244 Hours/shifts: 5 hours per week.
Flexibility is essential as days may vary Summary I need a PA to support my son with social activities to give me (mum) some respite.
He enjoys swimming, trampolining and play areas.
He loves to be outside and is very active.
He is autistic and has some challenging behaviour so would need constant supervision Other Requirements
• "Exemption is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9.
" UK drivers license and access to own vehicle is preferable but not essential
• Other : All applicants must be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
Description Typical duties Personal Care:
• To support my son with Potty Training and encourage him to go to the toilet Social:
• Support my son to access social and leisure activities, including to swimming
• To support my son if I need to go somewhere by looking after him as he does not do well with crowds The successful applicant will be:
• Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
• Reliable with good time-keeping
• Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative to come up with fun things for my son to do.
• Fun and outgoing
• Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
• Patience and possess excellent interpersonal skills
• Honest and cheerful
• Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
• Legally permitted to work in the United Kingdom
• Able to work at all times to high standards of Health & Safety Previous experience preferred but this is not as essential as a kind and common sense approach to these roles.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives