Enjoy being where the action is? Then this is the position for you! As a key member of the Global Installations Team, the Application Engineer will be charged with deploying XXX test systems at customer sites throughout North America and the rest of the world. You will also provide advanced technical support to our customers for complex products, including highly escalated issues.
In this role, you will leverage our proprietary electronic signature analysis software and In-Process Testing (IPT) technology to understand manufacturing process behavior and help customers find defects in their processes. You will create custom applications using XXX software to acquire, process, and analyze data from analog and digital instruments, and then apply it to manufacturing lines. You will have the opportunity to own a project from the start of application development through to commissioning on the customer's floor. While you will be based out of our office in the Greater Detroit, MI area, you will have the opportunity to travel.
- Program and configure application software to collect and process data from instruments such as load cells, pressure transducers, linear and rotary encoders, measurement lasers, and accelerometers
- Apply the appropriate filtering, smoothing, data processing, and statistical analysis techniques to identify key features in a customer's manufacturing process to find defects and/or anomalies in their parts
- Interface XXXXXX hardware (PC based) to communicate and extract data from third party devices, PLCs, measurement systems, and bolt tightening equipment using various protocols such as field bus (Profinet, Ethernet I/P, Modbus), file transfer (FTP), serial, and other data transfer schemes.
- Setup and configure XXXXXX data management host server to store test results from plant floor data acquisition systems
- Provide assistance to the sales team by conducting product demonstrations and proof of principle studies
- Effectively communicate customer requirements to the sales team, and explain product capabilities to our business partners and customers
- Engineering degree (Electrical, Mechanical, Mechantronics) or a 3 year technology diploma combined with minimum 3 -5 years' relevant work experience .
- Strong programming skills - preferably C, Visual Basic, or equivalent
- Familiarity with typical manufacturing test processes (i.e. leak testing, gauging, engine testing, press force monitoring).
- Experience with data acquisition systems such as Labview, HBM, or others
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with troubleshooting and calibration of instruments and sensors like load cells, accelerometers, linear and rotary encoders, torque transducers, or LVDT's.
- Experience with the manufacture or testing of medical devices and/or powertrain systems
- If possible, a working knowledge of queries and procedures on Microsoft SQL databases
- Well-developed interpersonal and customer communication skills. Willingness and ability to travel to the US and/or globally.
Interested and qualified candidates for the Application Engineer opening should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to move forward in the process.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Technical Recruiter/Account Manager
(586) 772-6452 ext. 142
Of the more than 80 offices in our network, the Roseville, MI Bryant Bureau office consistently ranks among the top two offices in successful candidate placements. Four of the nation's top 20 recruiters work in this office, including one who has sat on the Board of Directors for the exclusive Pinnacle Society, an organization whose membership is reserved for the top recruiters in the nation.
Our recruiters interact with top level industry professionals on a daily basis. These relationships have been built through memberships in various industry organizations and their personal initiative in developing strong professional relationships throughout the community.
Bryant Bureau is a Member of the Michigan Association of Staffing Services.
Role: Application Engineer
Location: Rochester Hills,
Apply for this job now.