Company: UNITED MEDICAL IMAGING HEALTHCARE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
We are large Imaging group, with 26 locations across Southern California, proud leading providers of quality healthcare to the community. Our centers are equipped to treat diagnostics, traumatic, and life-threatening injuries, with caring and innovative team of healthcare professionals dedicated to enthusiastically improving the health and quality of life of the people we serve.
We are looking for experienced Front Desk Administrators & Patient Schedulers who will take care of answering the phone, calling and scheduling patients, verifying insurance and eligibility, etc.
This is full time non-exempt position: Monday -- Friday, Saturdays on rotation
The ideal candidate is a positive, pleasant, and personable team worker who can also work under pressure. The candidate should be skilled in working at the back office as well if the need arises.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Meeting/greeting patients
• Checking in patients
• Processing paper work
• Entering new patients into our computer system
• Creating new patient files
• Filing documents in patients' medical records
• Answering phones, and other clerical duties as assigned
• Administrative experience in an office setting; previous release of information/ filing and scanning medical records, or other related experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple, healthcare terminology.
• Proven customer service experience and/or training.
• Ability to effectively use computer software and technology as required by the member facility including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to understand and become knowledgeable of release of information standards, policies & procedures and HIPAA regulations and to complete work in compliance of these and other standards.
• Knowledge of handling medical records and of basics of scanning and uploading files, downloading and executing is a Plus
• Strong knowledge of health insurance plans as well as benefits verification /authorization
• Proficiency in: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint.
• Internet Savvy: excellence in opening files on the web
Experience working in Radiology is preferred.
High School Diploma (GED) required
Minimum 2 year Scheduling, Medical Records or Front Office experience required.
Bilingual candidates Preferred