Build Recruitment are excited to be working with Gov Facilities LTD on an exclusive basis to recruit a mechanical maintenance supervisor for their large public sector site, this role is a permanent position and working directly for Gov Facilities LTD. Gov Facilities LTD are part of the Ministry of Justice and offer very exciting career opportunities, progression and job security. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who may be a Junior supervisor/ lead engineer and looking for a step up and off the tools, or someone who is currently a supervisor but looking for a new company that offers great career progression and benefits. Please only apply for this position if you have mechanical maintenance experience and knowledge.
Purpose of Role
- The Site Supervisor will lead and manage the shift to deliver planned maintenance, reactive maintenance and other support as required in order to meet sites short term and long term goals and objectives.
- This includes the management of customer interface within a designated area of an estate; ensuring a high profile in the day-to-day running of the sites, and provision of a consistent strong link with customers, guaranteeing appropriate and responsive reaction to address any and all client concerns.
- This is an active and visible role requiring excellent customer relationships and supplier management skills. Working as part of a team within the business, the Site Supervisor will be expected to positively contribute to the performance of the business.
- To be responsible for ensuring all mechanical and other systems as required by the site manager, are maintained in alignment with the service specification, industry best practice and regulatory requirements including business led compliance activities.
- To take accountability for the supervision of all staff within their area of responsibility and other site staff as required, providing direction on the work for the day and that relevant work area is maintained to a high standard
- To be responsible for managing and supervising subcontractors as required by the business.
- Ensure all activities are effectively prioritised in-line with local procedures ensuring workload/regime is delivered escalating issues to the Site Manager when required
- You will be responsible for compliance and KPI's so experience in this is key.
Skills And Abilities
- Plumber qualified to C&G 6035 (Plumbing), C&G 6189 (Plumbing and heating) and NVQ level 3 in Plumbing or equivalent.
- Five years experience as a plumber or equivalent
- Must be familiar with and able to work to Water Supply Regulation and Control of Legionella L8 requirements.
- Experience working on commercial or industrial heating and water or building services systems
- Qualified electrician with experience working on commercial or industrial electrical systems is desirable
- Excellent organisational skills / Time management / Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines
- IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
If you're keen to hear more about what Gov Facilities LTD can offer you and your career please don't hesitate to get in touch!