The position is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the overall condition of the tires on all company vehicles.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment when and where required.
- Conduct fleet checks.
- Respond to service calls to units requiring attention to tires when out on routes or off-site.
- Change, repair and rotate tires, as needed.
- Process proper wheel torque sequences for multiple vehicle applications.
- Track tire usage.
- Document tire shop operations and tracking time in accordance with company procedures.
- Request parts and tires as necessary.
- Adhere to policies governing safety.
- Attend safety meetings.
- Report immediately any safety violations and correcting unsafe acts or conditions.
- Maintain service truck readiness including safety equipment, tools, equipment, and cleanliness.
- Supervise tire repairs and crews performing the task.
- Maintain repair order documentation to include repair description, parts used, and repair times.
- Perform monthly inventories as required.
- Must possess some tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One to three years experience;
- Must complete formal training in tire repair operations within the first 90 days of employment;
- Must have excellent communication skills;
- Forklift certified by company;
- Knowledge of tire sizes and application, required repairs;
- Ability to conduct scrap analysis;
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations, properly identify indicators of tire failures; and
- Knowledge of shop equipment i.e. greases guns, pumps equipment, and barrel dollies.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Valid Class C driver's license
Role: Tire Tech
Apply for this job now.