Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
What you'll do:
- Lead delivery of key financial deliverables, including the Budget and monthly results. In most instances, have responsibility for a discrete business area.
- Review and preparation of management reporting and insight.
- Lead accounting analysis and advice for commercial deals or corporate transactions.
- Lead and direct other finance resource on more complex projects or areas of the highest complexity.
- Build strong relationships with the management team for their business area, delivering analysis, reporting, insight and financial mentorship
- Strong relationship with Sky's external auditors, providing detailed analysis / support.
- Take the lead on establishing relationships with a business area supported by a mix of SFM and SFA/FA
- Responsible for successful delivery of the Graduate and Apprenticeship programmes (including recruitment, exams etc) and bespoke training programmes, e.g. Excel training
- Mentor and coach finance team below FC level, with day to day supervisory responsibilities.
- Lead the most important cross function finance development initiatives such as the Graduate Scheme or relationships with external bodies.
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years' experience in a commercial finance role which includes business partnering and budgeting/planning, ideally within a large complex business
- A consistent record of creating and implementing strategies resulting in costs savings and increased profit for your dedicated business area
- Experience leading and developing a team (ideally qualified accountants)
- Qualified accountant status and ideally a 2:1 Degree
Commercial Finance is at the heart of Sky's success. Our business partnering model is central to our role as a trusted advisor to the Exec and business. We strive to be a world-class Commercial Finance team - that means we're forward looking and restless. Our work provides the support for great decisions and financial out-performance through quick, clear actionable insight alongside building best in class analytical and cost transformation capabilities. We recognise that getting the best from our team is the key to success, providing excellent development, support and progression in a diverse, inclusive and high-performance environment.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.