Apply directly to: https://ymca.applicantpro.com/jobs/1820030.html
RATE OF PAY: $10.40/hr + possible incentives
The Youth Development Specialist is responsible for all children participating in the YMCA program. They will implement and facilitate purposeful activities at the site for their designated group. They support the YMCA's promise to strengthen community by interacting with members in a positive and meaningful way. Members are defined as anyone with a current or potential relationship with the Y, such as children, parents, staff, volunteers, community, donors and guests.
- Supervise a designated group of children to ensure safety.
- Maintain and possess accurate attendance at all times including bathroom breaks and every transition. Conduct face to name attendance verification.
- Communicate and document children's absences, injuries and incidents according to policies and procedures.
- Use positive reinforcement to encourage appropriate behavior. Document and communicate inappropriate behavior following disciplinary procedures.
- Nurture children by facilitating purposeful programming that supports academic growth and enrichment opportunities.
- Cultivate relationships by establishing a positive rapport with children, parents, volunteers, staff and school personnel. Create a sense of belonging for the children by encouraging them to connect with others.
- Create a nurturing and safe environment by reporting suspicious activity that may lead to child abuse or may violate the code of conduct. Keep supplies organized, maintain a clean facility and care for equipment.
- Create a friendly and welcoming environment for all members of all backgrounds and abilities by role modeling SMART behavior.
- Educate members about the services the YMCA offers and further connect them to the YMCA.
- Support the strategic work of the YMCA by:
A. Creating a culture of volunteerism by educating members about volunteer opportunities.
B. Supporting a culture of philanthropy by telling your Y story to others and encouraging them to participate in YMCA fundraising efforts.
C. Encourage members and celebrate their success in meeting their health and well-being goals.
D. Nurture the potential of all youth by promoting meaningful programs and services.
All responsibilities are essential to the position
Key Leadership Competencies:
Communication and Influence
Developing Others and Self
Upon hire, must complete Intro to the Ys Cause & Culture, Y's Way to Service & Engagement, and I Hear You: Service with CARE. Within 90 days of hire, Principles of Youth Development training required. Within 6 months of hire, Introduction to S.A.F.E. training required. Within 90 days of completing MODS, Preventing Sexual Abuse Between Youth Children, Youth Affirmations: Distinguishing Between Praise and Encouragement, Foundations of Listen First, and Engaging with Families trainings required.
Education: Must have a high school diploma, a certificate of completion, a GED or be enrolled in and attending GED classes and successfully complete within two years of employment. May also be enrolled in and obtain their high school diploma within the school year they were employed. College degree in a child-related field is preferred.
Work Experience: Experience working with children preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: Must have or be enrolled in state mandated trainings within 30 days of employment. Trainings must be complete within 12 months of employment. CPR/AED, First Aid, Lifeguard and Listen First certification preferred.
Physical: Must be 18 years of age or older. Must be able to stand, remain outdoors and maintain continual physical endurance for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds, watch, listen and facilitate group activities.
Mental: Must be mentally alert and be able to process and follow directions.
Skills: Must be able to supervise and instruct large groups of children. Knowledge of sports and children's programming preferred.
Note: You have received this search result if you searched for: Early Childcare, Child Care, Development, Academic, Youth, School Age, Tutoring, After School, Afterschool
Please note: This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
To apply for this position, please click on the apply now button.Job Posted by ApplicantPro