General Motors - Spring Hill Assembly, Spring Hill, TN
Production Team Member, General Motors
Production Team Members are responsible for assembly, machining, quality checks, tool changes, and problem solving of manufacturing processes and equipment. Must be able to function in a manufacturing team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles are highly integrated.
You must apply online at #removed#
This is a temporary full-time position working as a direct employee of General Motors.
Candidates must be willing to work any shift but hiring will be primarily focused on 3rd shift.
Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available with little notice. Some weekend shifts are to be expected.
Starting wage is $15.78 per hour, with potential for growth. Holiday pay and health care options after 90 days.
Current temporary employees may receive preference if regular full-time positions become available.
Work requirements include:
- Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner and contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority.
- Perform bench, floor or conveyor assembly work, usually of short cycle duration, and involving standardized work elements. Must be able to comprehend and follow written work instructions. Work may involve using hand positioning, assist devices such as hoists, and power tools or other equipment.
- First responder support of production machining and/or assembly environment. This entails use of computerized equipment and activities to include machine resets, quality and utilizing standardized work instructions.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform tasks on all equipment in assigned workspace.
- Perform predictive, preventive and reactive maintenance activities
- Must be able to work in fast paced constantly changing environment
- Report for work on time to support production startup and throughput goals
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Could be required to stand and/or walk for long periods daily while frequently bending, twisting, stooping and reaching. Could be required to periodically lift up to 40 lbs.
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which includes a comprehensive assessment, hair drug testing, and a background check.
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Candidates must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with little notice.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any step in the hiring process, email us at #removed# Please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and be prepared to provide documentation supporting
General Motors is a global leader in vehicle technology. We continue to excel in engine and drivetrain development, and strive to push exciting advancements in alternative energy and purposeful vehicle design.
General Motors employs the finest workforce in the automotive world. We are a richly diverse and dedicated team. At General Motors, we embrace the opportunity to think bigger and aim higher. It’s the confidence in knowing our ideas produce exceptional vehicles and mobility solutions that move the world in exciting new ways. With strong leadership and bold vision, we’re directing the future of transportation—and enriching people’s lives along the way.
Role: Manufacturing Production Team Member
Apply for this job now.