The Opportunity as Construction Manager
Join a thriving and world-renowned Construction Company as Construction Manager in their exciting Life Science department!
The company have enjoyed constant growth in Germany since establishing a dedicated office in Germany in 2003. Working in partnership with local developers and multinational corporations, the German team specialises in project management, construction and facilities management, as well as preconstruction and technical due diligence.
As Construction Manager you will work closely with the client's team, responsible for ensuring that a large building project is completed safely, within an agreed timeframe and budget. Managing the practical side of every stage of the build, you'll work closely with architects, surveyors and other building professionals in planning and delivery.
Your responsibilities as Construction Manager:
- Providing effective site management, making critical decisions, overcoming complex challenges and focused on project profitability with utmost quality and timely completion.
- Managing design coordination with vast technical capabilities in organising interface activities with structural, architectural, MEP, finishing, landscape and external development works.
- Overseeing and directing construction projects from conception to completion.
- Reviewing the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Overseeing all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Coordinating and directing construction workers and subcontractors.
- Reviewing the work progress on daily basis.
- Preparing internal and external reports pertaining to job status.
- Planning ahead to prevent problems and resolving any emerging ones.
- Negotiating the terms of agreements, drafting contracts and obtaining permits and licenses.
- Evaluating, managing and mitigating risks.
- Ensuring quality construction standards and using proper construction techniques.
Your background as Construction Manager:
You have a relevant degree qualification and experience in handling end to end construction management. You ideally have experience in pharmaceuticals projects or in regulated fields such as High-tech, Food, Data Centres etc. You have advanced knowledge of construction management processes means and methods. You have an understanding of all facets of the construction process.
You are digitally savvy, can build relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams. You will have experience in project management, ideally within the pharmaceutical sector, and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities the company has to offer.
If you think you are the right person for the job, are compelled by international environments and are excited about this opportunity, please get in touch and we can discuss further details on a call!