We have a fantastic opportunity for a Receptionist Salford Council. This is a Full-time Temporary role for the next 3 months with the possibility of extension starting in January 2024.
What is the role?
Salford Council are looking for a receptionist to provide support to the team. Welcoming guests to the building and ensuring all security measures have taken place. Alongside all the usual administrative duties as well.
What are your responsibilities?
You will be responsible for ensuring the security systems and processes are adhered to at all times. (keys, alarms, pagers, cameras etc).
Maintain security equipment & report issues in a timely manner.
Be responsible for facilitating family and professional visits.
To ensure the Confidentiality Code of Conduct is adhere to in relation to staff, clients, family & carers.
Enable court escorts to safely deliver and collect young people from/ to the centre.
Manage room bookings & calendar maintenance.
To ensure stationery and equipment supplies are kept restocked.
You will be responsible for the production of a range of documents, both electronic and hard copies.
To be responsible for the reception & foyer areas.
You will devolve information to staff and managers in a timely and consistent manner.
Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, willingness to learn and the ability to multi-task, whilst also ensuring that the security of the centre is maintained is essential at all times.
What skills do you Need?
- Must have previous Receptionist / Administration experience.
- Excellent people skills, as you will be speaking to service users, clients, and other members of staff including managers.
- Strong IT skills, as you will be updating internal systems with important information using word and excel.
- Experience of working in a busy environment
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the update Service
- Hours are minimum of 22.5 per week averaged over a 4-week rota and will include on average 3/4 weekday shifts per week plus 2/3 weekend shifts per every 4 week rota.
- A good degree of flexibility around working hours is essential, reception is open 7 days a week, Mon to Fri shifts are between 7.45am and 5.45pm. Weekend shifts are between 10 & 4pm and there will be the requirement to work additional hours to cover for absences.
To receive a full job description please apply below or email your CV to