Great job with Longmont Dairy. We need a self-motivated, experienced, detail oriented, mechanic to maintain our fleet of delivery trucks.
Well Established: Longmont Dairy Farm is a local, family owned, stable company that has been farming, processing and delivering milk, in glass bottles, for over 50 years. Learn more at #removed#
Pay will be based on proven experience. Benefits include Health insurance, 401(k), paid vacations and holidays. Typical hours Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with the possibility of some overtime.
- Maintains a comprehensive maintenance program for all company trucks.
- Completes work orders and maintenance log on all work performed on company vehicles.
- Maintains records and performs regular inspections of fleet vehicles to insure proper operation and appearance of vehicles.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and complete repairs on company vehicles.
Completes all minor repairs at company level including but not limited to:
- Oil changes
- Filter changes
- Routine vehicle inspections
- Inspect and replace brakes
- Replace plugs and wires
- Lube vehicle including, but not limited to wheel bearings, steering linkage, caliper slide rails, ball joints, spindle needle and hub lock
- Touch up painting
- Tire inflation, condition, rotation and replacement
- Test drive vehicles
- Performs other preventive maintenance as needed
- Coordinates major repairs, such as engine replacements, transmission replacements, major body repairs, etc, with outside vendors.
- Oversees the appearance of the home delivery fleet by completing or coordinating both washing and repairing.
- Purchases parts and supplies used in maintaining the fleet.
- Tracks all parts in inventory and maintains a record of the parts which are purchased and used in fleet maintenance and repair.
- Coordinates with Fleet Manager on status of company vehicles.
- Organizes and maintains a clean and neat appearance to shop.
- Performs other related tasks as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training in fleet repair and service; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid driver's license
- Diagnostic certification
- One-ton step side van
- Must own basic tools to complete job
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Oral communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Technical communication skills
- Reading skills
- Math aptitude
- Mechanical aptitude
- Time management
- Ability to use all mechanical tools for the repair of home delivery trucks
- Ability to operate a truck 10,000 to 15,000 GVW
While performing the duties a truck mechanic, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of a truck mechanic, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work in high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and outdoor weather conditions.
Longmont Dairy Farm is one of the larger home milk delivery companies in the Longmont and Denver area. It is a local, family owned, stable company that has been farming, processing and delivering milk, in glass bottles, for over 50 years. Learn more at #removed# Dairy.com.
Role: Fleet Mechanic
Apply for this job now.