Cornerstone Solutions, Inc.--Job Corps Services is seeking an Admissions Counselor to become an integral part of our Southeast Texas Job Corps Outreach and Admissions Services Team in Houston
- Perform and deliver quality Job Corps outreach and admissions and re-admissions services and support within an assigned geographical area in accordance with regulatory mandates, standards, and guidelines.
- Provide all applicants with accurate information about Job Corps, including (as a minimum) the process for eligibility determination, selection, and assignment of eligible applicants for enrollment; privacy rights and equal employment opportunity information, reasonable accommodation information, and that enrollment in Job Corps is voluntary for each individual.
- Assess and verify applicant eligibility and other factors for student selection and enrollment. Notifications must be made to all applicants of their eligibility determination.
- Collaborate with Workforce/Career Source Centers and other community resources to meet applicants needs.
- Maintain, record, and account for all applications and associated paperwork, especially personally identifiable information.
- Recommend and assist (as necessary) with outreach, marketing, and media activities to ensure a positive public image, strong community and employer partnerships, a pool of eligible committed applicants, and full utilization of the Job Corps training opportunities.
- Connect with, visit, and tour Job Corps centers/campuses. These activities should complement and interface with other retention/commitment initiatives.
- Meet or exceed prescribed quantitative and qualitative performance goals weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and annually.
- Periodic travel as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a social or behavioral science, human resources, management, or business discipline--MANDATORY.
- Four years paid experience in working with youth or in a related field--MANDATORY.
- Strong interpersonal, communicative, and engaging skills and abilities. Experience in counseling, marketing, or education a plus.
- Demonstrated skills and abilities to coordinate and collaborate with and engage a diverse community and population.
- Strong computer, telecommunications, and virtual technologies including laptop/notebook, desktop PC, wireless devices, and a variety of software applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- A valid Texas driver's license, and no major citations within the last 39 months.
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Cornerstone Solutions, Inc., a domestic for profit S Corporation, is a service-disabled, veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) that was incorporated in the State of Georgia on December 16, 2004. Minority-owned and managed, the Company is poised to provide a wide array of solutions, products and services to our public and private clients and partners, with a particular focus on youth,our future. The corporate office is located in East Point, Georgia. Our mission is to deliver solutions, programs, and services that add value and demonstrably beneficial outcomes to customers, constituents, and the community, while maintaining our uncompromising core values in everything we do. Every facet of our work reflects our Core Values: Integrity (our most important core value), Customer Focus Quality, Teamwork, Professionalism, and Commitment. The Cornerstone Team has a wealth of experience and knowledge in multiple areas including youth development and services, case management, career development facilitation, program development and management, and workforce innovations and strategies. The Company currently operates in several states, and has offices and staff in over ten locations, including 5 locations in Texas, where the company has operated successfully since 2015.
Role: Admissions Counselor
Apply for this job now.