SEN Midday Meals Supervisor
Pay £13.39 per hour
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is applicants must have experience of working with a broad range of needs within a Special Needs School setting or similar.
ASAP - 23rd July 2021
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Midday Meals Supervisor to join a special school for students with complex needs based close to Hampstead and Kentish Town. This is a long-term temporary role starting immediately on a part time basis, with the hours being between 11am-2pm, 5 days per week. Due to the nature of the class the role, applicants must have experience of working with children with Autism and severe learning difficulties.
A Special needs school for students with complex needs including, PMLD, SLD, SpLD, Autistic Spectrum and SEMH , based in Camden. Accommodating learners from EYFS-Post 16, this school graded 'Outstanding' provides employees with access to state of the art facilities and the luxury of highly skilled employees to work alongside.
To be considered for the Midday Meals Supervisor position, you will:
- Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
- Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD / ASC, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (desirable)
- Be comfortable with personal care and students with medical needs (essential)
- Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
Smart Teachers offer:
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Midday Meals Supervisor who would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart teachers, please contact Daniel Dunn-Stuart on #removed#.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we