Our organization is looking to add a Jr. Back End Software Engineer to build features, design and implement API methods, and improve the performance and reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale our product and organization.
Do you have a passion for learning, appreciate diverse perspectives, and care deeply about performing meaningful work? Are you someone others enjoy working with due to your positive attitude and technical competence? Are you motivated by helping your team succeed? You might be a great fit for the Autobrain family if you answered yes to these questions.
This position is based in New Orleans.
As a Jr. Back End Developer at Autobrain, you’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining a wide range of tools and products that serve the Customer Service team and Autobrain's customers. Whether building internal or customer-facing tools and sites, you’ll aim to create a great experience and you’ll approach each project with efficiency, quality, and scalability in mind.
Skills & Qualifications
- You have software development experience with modern web application development frameworks
- You have experience with functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g., Python, Ruby, or Java.
- You possess adept computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- You have the ability and desire to build clean, maintainable and reusable code
- You have an understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- You are experienced with a relational database, preferably Postgres
- You are able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- You have excellent analytical and time management skills
- You follow emerging technologies and suggest new tools to the team, huge plus
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or another related field, or equivalent practical experience
A Few of Our Great Benefits
- PTO & Holidays
- Monthly Lunch & Learns
- Online professional development courses
- Team outings & happy hours
- Community outreach activities
- Gym access (with time provided during the workday to exercise)
- Downtown 24/7 parking
- Healthy snacks and coffee all day, every day
- And many more…
Autobrain, created by parents, techies, and a volunteer first responder, is a connected car platform that turns almost any car into a "Smart Car”, offering a full range of safety, security, convenience, and diagnostic features in a single package.
We are a dynamic and engaging team, growing quickly and looking to fill our open positions with self-starters, creative thinkers, problem solvers, and people who want to grow with an awesome company. We are a casual office where we prioritize daily learning. We encourage our team to be curious, communicate well, and use their creativity to help us become the #1 connected car platform on the market.
Role: Jr. Back End Software Engineer
Location: New Orleans,
Apply for this job now.