Company: HAYS ACCOUNTANCY AND FINANCE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Barristers Private Client Tax Senior Based in the city at a leading Mid-Tier Practice Advisory and Compliance
businesses + income Client queries, tax liability, tax savings, complex solving.
Our client is seeking a Tax Senior to work remotely and come in to the office several days a week. You will have exceptional interpersonal skills and confidence together with the ability and interest to understand your clients' business. You will be able to multitask under pressure and work to tight deadlines with a portfolio comprising of many mixed Barrister clients. Overtime is paid in lieu with an option to take time off. You will have an ATT qualification potentially working on your CTA.
- Request information from client and 3rd parties (banks, building societies, pension providers etc) and send reminders as necessary.
- Collate accounts and other relevant information from other departments.
- Use information to complete tax returns using tax software
- Prepare letter to client, detailing liabilities and any tax saving opportunities
- Ensure client receives tax return and any client queries are dealt with.
- Ensure approval of completed tax return is returned from client and lodged with HMRC.
- Calculate total tax liability for clients and advise client of when and how to pay tax and any interest, surcharges and penalties.
- Explain and apply maximum pension contributions in relation to earnings for clients.
- Review tax returns generated by Tax Assistants and Tax Semi-Seniors and use this to assist in their training and development.
- Ensure all P11D's and associated s336 claims are completed, signed by the client and submitted to HMRC within set deadlines.
- Assist Partners on tax issues in client meetings, if requested, and arrange own client meetings where appropriate.
- Identify any special work outside of the normal billing cycle.
- Review debtors and remind clients of any outstanding fees.
- ATT qualified, preferably CTA qualified or equivalent
- Varied, practical and technical tax knowledge, minimum 2 years practical experience
- Able to train junior members of staff
- Basic accounts knowledge
- IT packages (Excel, tax software, Word, Outlook)
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Commercial awareness / client focus
- Problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Be positive and committed in dealings with both clients and staff