Company: HAYS SPECIALIST RECRUITMENT LIMITED
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Your new company
An emergency services NHS trust who cover the whole of London. They currently have a need for a number of Claims and Inquests Assistants to join their busy London legal team. These opportunities are initially for 3 months with the possibility of extension.
Your new role
You will be responsible for supporting the Claims and Inquest Managers across a portfolio of Inquests and legal claims. You will be expected to produce a complete file set for each Inquest and Claim as requested by the relevant Claims and Inquest Manager. Claims support includes clinical litigation, employer and third party liability claims, Inquest support includes assisting witnesses in preparing to give evidence at Coroners' Inquests. You will provide advice on the completion of witness statements and review the Inquest portfolio routinely with the Claims and Inquest Managers and Legal Services Manager to identify any potentially problematic Inquests and provide support and take action on these as directed.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree level or equivalent
- Recent and demonstrable experience in handling enquiries in connection with Coroners' Inquests
- Recent and demonstrable experience in case handling for clinical litigation, employer liability and third party claims
- Knowledge and basic understanding of relevant road traffic accident case law
- Ability to prioritise and manage competing demands
- Excellent time management and ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available. Competitive hourly rate and potential for extension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.