Company: BEST WESTERN PLUS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay by working
with all hotel personnel to ensure every guest experiences superior customer care. Responsibilities
include registering guests, assigning rooms, accommodating special requests, and ensuring the guests
have a pleasant stay and smooth checkout.Job Duties:
- Maintains an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations
and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Registers arriving guests and assigns rooms.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping
of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
- Coordinates guest room maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance division.
- Uses persuasive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Manages and resolves all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Processes guest check-outs and handle monetary transactions.
- Maintains customers' privacy.
- Maintains a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.