We are an expediting firm located in Manhattan; seeking experienced individual who is proficient with NYC Building Code and Zoning Consulting that must be able to apply these skills creatively to DOB filing procedures. Applicants should be able to work within a team as well as comfortable in a leadership role and must be able to attend plan examination appointments. Individuals must have 3-5 years of experience in the field of expediting and understands the DOB filing process. The ideal candidate must fit the following criteria’s below:
· Must have knowledge in NYC Building Code and Zoning Analysis
· Review, and organize documentation such as Alteration Type 1 and New Building applications for compliance with NYC Building Code, Multiple Dwelling Law & Zoning Resolution
· Knowledgeable with related city agencies that require filings such as the DOB, Landmarks, FDNY, DOT, and HPD
· Ability to create, communicate and execute filing/approval strategies with clients and co-workers
· Maintain a professional demeanor when interacting with design professionals and Department of Buildings personnel
· Track and coordinate multiple active Alt-1 filing projects
· Perform in-house code reviews, zone studies, and troubleshoot projects through resolution.
· Experience with the Department of Buildings filing system and procedures
· Strong technical, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
· Experience must include supervision of technical staff, performing plan review or developing construction plans for code compliance
· 3+ years in Construction, Architecture, Engineering, or Expediting is necessary
· 401k (eligible after 1 year of employment)
· Holiday Bonus (dependent on company performance)
Please submit a complete resume along with a cover letter and list of references.
Job Type: Full-time
· Field of expediting: 2 years
· Building Code: 2 years
· Zoning analysis: 2 years
Preferred license or certification:
· DOB Class 1 or Class 2 ID Code and Zoning Representative
Job Type: Full-time
Boyd Consulting is an expediting firm that perform work for Contractors, Architects, Engineers and Property Managers such as obtaining work permits, approvals for renovations and dismissal of violations with the Building Department and other City Agencies.
Role: Project manager
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.