Senior Front-End Web Developer
Monday - Friday 09.00-17.00
£40,000 per annum + generous company benefits
Our client is a global professional Services Organisation who are based in beautiful offices in Canary Wharf. They are looking for a Senior Front-End Web Developer to join them on a 3-month contract, working within a busy in-house design team responding to numerous briefs daily. Alongside a friendly, professional team of talented Developers, Designers, Motion Graphics Designers and a Film and Photography team, you will be involved in a wide variety of projects ranging from event and campaign material to website designs and digital animation. This all-encompassing role includes elements of line management, project management and client liaison, alongside the creation of high-quality design material in the organisations brand – predominantly in SharePoint.
You will ensure the smooth running of the department in the production of digital solutions for web and mobile devices whilst providing direction and guidance to the team and mentoring newer members. Sharing best practice and filtering new trends and technologies to promote new ideas and solutions. You will attend client briefings, educating and influencing the client to choose effective and functional designs and produce estimates and proposals. You be negotiating and managing deadlines and organising accordingly, including liaising with the offshore team and overseeing all web work which enters the studio to ensure that client deadlines and expectations are met.
Working collaboratively, you will drive quality and creativity and help inspire and innovate the creative service offered to the client. You will need to possess a high level of understanding and anticipation of the clients’ needs and expectations and will produce innovative design of UX and front-end development of user-friendly interfaces and the build of web applications to support a range of digital products and services. You will have a creative focus and be driven to produce high-quality deliverables and solutions within the client brand guidelines.
In return, the Senior Front-end Web Developer will receive benefits which include Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance/Life Assurance, Company Pension, Corporate Eye Care, Personal Accident and Company Sick Pay. Additional benefits such as Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Gym Membership, Charity Donations, Employee Offers, Retail Vouchers and Season Ticket Loan are offered at a discount on a salary sacrifice basis. You will also have the opportunity to work for a global employer who is dedicated to offering each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career with future career development prospects.
- Taking briefs from clients whilst advising the best technical solution
- Providing quotes of time and cost estimates for jobs
- Negotiating and managing deadlines
- Mentoring and developing newer, less experienced team members of the team whilst ensuring you are fully conversant with each team member’s strengths and skill levels
- Design and UX, front end development of user-friendly user interfaces
- Senior on technical development, design and build of web applications to support a range of digital products and services
- Developing and sharing best practice and working knowledge with team members
- Setting and communicating standards for the team
- Ensuring all quality review checklists are completed and standards are maintained
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks or projects and prioritise accordingly
- Educating and influencing clients to choose effective and functional designs and deliverables within their timeframes
- Working closely with the offshore team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels (client, team, manager and IT)
- Following standards, UX/UI and digital guidelines for branded materials
- Keeping abreast of digital media trends, technologies and developments to share new ideas to the team and client
- Developing SPA’s and mobile applications.
- Good knowledge in Web API, RESTful Web Services design alongside evidence you can write testable, extendable and maintainable code
- Good understanding of cross-browser quirks
- Experience translating Photoshop work into responsive mark-up
- Working experience of CSS pre-processors (SASS / LESS)
- Design and production of innovative UX/UI schemas
- Google practical understanding and execution of Google analytics, XML and XSLT
- Innovative with the ability to implement problem-solving initiatives
- Keen and eager to learn and develop new skills to support the growth of the team
- An active interest in new industry trends, emerging technologies and innovation
- Working in SharePoint architecture
- A confident, pro-active, resilient, communicative, collaborative, organised approach
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail with excellent customer relationship management skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Front-End Web Developer who is looking to join a well-established team. This is a highly varied role which offers lots of scope, variety and lots of opportunity for growth. Our client is renowned for its inclusive, warm working environment and culture. If this sounds like something you would be interested in then please send your CV to Gemma Grima-Brown at HYF today.
It is HYF’s policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.