Company: COMMUNITY IMPACT NEWSPAPER
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
At Community Impact Newspapers, the Sales Account Executive partners with small and midsize businesses within our communities to help them with their advertising, marketing and branding needs. The relationships built through this consultative approach help businesses achieve their specific goals and grow their revenues.
The day-to-day for this role is dynamic: account executives are physically opening up the doors to new businesses and introducing them to Community Impact Newspaper: America's fastest-growing community news organization and the most widely distributed news source for relevant and useful information at the local level. Our award-winning newspaper now has 33 hyperlocal newspapers and reaches more than 2.7 million residents throughout Texas, Arizona and Tennessee.
Community Impact Newspaper is a free publication - both online and in print - and is distributed to every home and business in the areas we serve. You might ask, "Aren't most newspapers struggling?" Yes but not us we are growing through a great business model. We are opening up new papers annually through our success, and we have amazing growth plans for 2019.
Highlights of this job include:
- Own and execute daily objectives
- Build off of a base salary and achieve bonus/commissions-related to goals
- Develop business daily within a vibrant community
- Hands-on project management helping clients with the creative side of advertising, branding and marketing
- Give good customer service as a listener, a consultant and a partner to local, community business and watch them grow and succeed
- Ability to control your paycheck through hard work
- Support a business with a pure and organic goal of delivering community journalism for free to people who can't get this news anywhere else
- Receive industry-specific training on how to sell "The CI Way" and supported locally and by corporate office
Our mission is "to build communities of informed citizens and thriving businesses through the collaboration of a passionate team." Sounds good, right? You can be a part of the magic: we believe we have a great product and we offer a variety of different ways our clients can advertise with us. The rest is up to you! Get as many contracts signed as you want there is no cap/limit to what you can earn and, with an ace product like Community Impact Newspaper, who wouldn't want to buy?
The right fit:
- 0-2 years of experience in a sales-driven environment
- The ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- A metrics-oriented, competitive attitude
- Exceptional written, verbal, phone and presentation skills
- Ability to learn a Client Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Passion to find success through the success of others
The "community" in Community Impact Newspapers represents you. As an organization that reflects the people and businesses we serve, we hold diversity & inclusion principles to be extremely important to our mission and values. Employment decisions made at Community Impact Newspapers are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics; instead, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.