We are seeking an ambitious/self starter with attention to detail. Must be punctual and able to work flexible hours especially during our busy season. You must be well organized with the ability to handle multiple assignments. The successful candidate will work closely with senior accountants and managers and must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Prepare and post general journal entries and month end closing entries
- Month end account analysis and reconciliations including bank reconciliations
- Preparation of work papers and supporting schedules
- Maintaining fixed asset and depreciation schedules and proper recording of purchases and disposals
- Preparation of financial statements and tax returns including individual, corporate, partnership and fiduciary returns
- Preparation of quarterly and annual payroll filings
- Conduct verbal and written correspondence with assigned client base
- Previous experience in accounting or other related fields
- Must possess a BS in accounting
- 1-2 years public accounting experience preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with Thomson Reuters Ultra Tax for return preparation (not required)
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
We offer a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits. These include up to three weeks paid time off, employer paid health insurance, 401(k) matching with a relaxed work environment and minimal overnight travel. While we expect a high level of energy and commitment to our firm and our clients, we respect an employee’s need for personal time.
Varanko and Black, CPAs has been providing quality accounting, tax and financial statement preparation since 1983. Our clients include retail, service, professionals, manufacturing, construction and non-profit businesses. We are located in Hunt Valley, Maryland adjacent to I-83 with ample free parking.
Role: Certified Public Accountant
Apply for this job now.