JOB TITLE: MEDICAL ASSISTANT I
REPORTS TO: Location Team Leader
WAGE SCALE: TBA
JOB SUMMARY: The Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant Iis responsible for delivering exceptional patient care under the direction of a physician or licensed health care provider.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Register patients
· Verify patients insurance
· Room patients, obtain vitals, patient history and reason for seeking care
· Administer injections as necessary
· Perform CLIA waived laboratory tests
· Perform drug screens/physicals/maintain chain of custody
· Process telephone messages
· Follow prescription refill procedures
· Maintain patient records confidentially
· Record patient charges and lab charges for billing purposes
· Assist the provider with patient education pertaining to their ongoing health care
· Perform laboratory and radiology preparation
· Complete/facilitate lab and X-ray reports
· Complete office task checklists as required
· Assist team leaders with ordering inventory and maintaining logs
· Complete daily call backs
· Assist with training as needed
· Adhere to company policies and procedures
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position (32 to 40 hours per week). Days and hours of work are as needed, including some holidays and weekends, to ensure successful business operations.
This position requires travel between home and either office location. Some compensable travel may be assigned dependent upon the demand required by your job function.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & AND EXPERIENCE
Experience in an urgent care or related setting
Ability to handle front and back office duties
Ability to handle high patient volume
Must be willing to travel within Volusia County
Florida basic operator x-ray certification
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of three years of experience in a patient care setting (urgent care preferred).
Experience with EMR systems and medical receptionist duties.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Role: Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant
Location: New Smyrna Beach,
Apply for this job now.