Expanding General Contractor is seeking full time mid level Construction Estimator. This position requires a self starter, motivated individual. Must have minimum 3 years commercial construction estimating experience, MEP knowledge, and great computer skills. Need an eye for detail and a quick worker. Work to be done at our office in Jacksonville, FL
- Read and understand plans (architectural, structural, MEP, and civil), SOV and RFI's.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Experience preparing construction documents
- Ability to identify problems before they arise, identify missing items. Application of knowledge on construction budgets, materials and methods, and industry standards.
- Strong communication skills - with subs, owners, govt officials. Able to succinctly and clearly communicate on phone and in emails.
- Strong computer literacy including Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Microsoft Project for scheduling.
- Must be multi tasker. Able to work on more than one project.
- Strong work ethic and doesn't need a baby sitter.
- Bachelor degree preferred, but not required.
- Competitive salary.
- 5% travel for prebid meetings.
- Looking for a "go getter" with a take charge attitude. MUST BE VERY ORGANIZED!
- Must have verifiable references.
- Immediate position.
- Submit resume for consideration
Growing general contractor.
Role: Estimator Construction
Apply for this job now.