Make a difference every day - Become a care assistant for our 24 hour Crisis Team. Full and Part Time posts available.
Nothing compares to the feeling that comes from knowing that you've brightened up someone's day - especially when that someone is a vulnerable adult. Guardian Homecare are on the hunt for warm and kind people like you to join our amazing team of part and full time Crisis care assistants in the following areas:- PR1, PR2, PR3, PR4, PR5, PR6, PR7, PR8, PR9, PR25, PR26, WN6, WN8, L31, L33, L37, L39, L40.
Guardian Homecare Preston has an exciting opportunity for the provision of a round-the-clock crisis support service to support people with more significant needs to remain at home and potentially avoid an unnecessary placement in residential care. The service will provide sit-in and overnight support for these individuals for up to a period of 7 days, a variety of shift patterns available over the 24 hour period.
We are looking for experienced care staff to provide this level of support. The individuals that will be referred to this service have the potential to have diagnoses of COVID-19 and dementia, and so applicants must be willing and able to work with such individuals.
Applicants will preferably already hold an NVQ or QCF Level 2 in Health and Social Care. Experience in working with people with dementia is desired, we will however, continue to support with ongoing training and support.
We'd love to hear from you if you're:
- Caring, compassionate and a good listener
- An energetic, happy person who enjoys forming relationships with all sorts of people.
- Happy to offer support with a range of tasks, including personal care, preparing meals, administering medicine, shopping and light household duties.
- Essential to have access to a vehicle for works purposes, due to geographical locations.
And what are the benefits of working with Guardian Homecare?
- Competitive hourly rates of between £8.72 and £11.00 per hour and 28 days' annual leave (pro rata)*
- Flexible hours to fit around your other commitments, hence part and full time positions
- Comprehensive and ongoing support and training- We're with you every step of the way
- The opportunity to progress your career with a fully-funded diploma QCF in social care*
- An excellent benefits package encompassing exclusive discounts to hundreds of UK retailers. employee referral bonus programmes of up to £200*
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme*
- All suitable candidates are required to undergo an enhanced level criminal record disclosure.
Guardian Homecare is an equal opportunities employer.
* Terms and conditions apply.
Preston, Chorley, South Ribble and West Lancs