: General Accountant Location
: Montville, NJ Position Type:
Direct Hire (Exempt) Seeking a General Accountant to join a global manufacturing company, where they can have direct experience working to support the accounting needs of the business. Minimum Required Qualifications:
- B.S. Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated transactional accounting experience, including account analysis and reconciliation, in a manufacturing or production environment
- Strong verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as any and all outside agents
- Highly computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise, and demonstrated experience with applicable systems, programs, equipment, etc., to include superior Excel skills
- Proven attention to detail
Essential or Primary / Key Responsibilities:
- Assist Controller in preparation, validation, and reporting of financials statements in accordance with GAAP
- Reconcile, adjust and maintain Balance Sheet Account analysis including: accrued liabilities, prepaid payables, employee receivables, accounts receivable, accrued accounts payable, short term investments etc.
- Develop process flow and automation for recurring accounting processes
- Make recommendations on accounting matters (e.g. revenue recognition, accounting for executive compensation, government contracts, research and development costs, LIFO/FIFO reserves, shareholder transactions, and other complex entries)
- Preparation and reporting of departmental expenses
- Complete Monthly Close Process
- Assist in Sage preparation of Fixed Asset Depreciation Report and analysis
- Assist and oversee Sales, Use and Excise tax calculations and quarterly filings
- Compile, enter, post and maintain monthly journal entries.
- Maintain the GL for 2 small subsidiaries and prepare consolidations
- Preparation of Weekly Management Reports of Key Performance Indicators
- Review Departmental Spending for trend, variance to budget, prior history and assist in gathering department information on forecasts. Handle report distributions.
- Assist Controller in Forecast and Budget preparations
Additional Duties / Responsibilities:
- Back-up to Payroll and all other projects and analysis as requested
- Bring initiatives and activities to closure in a timely manner through effective interaction with individuals, both internal and external to the organization (as required).
- Abide by all safety, quality, housekeeping and company policies/procedures to ensure compliance to various regulatory and internal system requirements
- Contribute to a positive and cooperative work environment through effective communication at all levels internal and external to the organization
- Actively participate in team meetings, improvement initiatives/programs, etc. to provide constructive recommendations and initiate actions to support company initiatives/goals
- Consistently demonstrate commitment to company values
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
- Ensure that work area and work areas of direct reports are clean, secure, and well maintained
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required
Our Client offers a highly competitive compensation package for this outstanding position plus a quarterly bonus along with a full range of top quality benefits and employee services including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability income insurance programs, 401 k retirement plans with company match, generous tuition aid program, paid vacation, sick and personal days, 11 holidays, summer hours, on-site credit union and ATM, and much more. They recognize and reward their employee's accomplishments.Many of our Clients contracts require proof that you are a U.S. citizen and/or that an export license has been obtained for employees who are citizens of certain countries. Your employment, both initially and continually thereafter, is conditioned on production of such proof of citizenship and/or any export license that may be required to comply with any and all applicable laws, regulations, or executive orders, or required by Federal, State, or local government contracts.
Our Client is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer M/F/IWD/VeteransVETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Role: General Accountant
Apply for this job now.