Heartland Consulting: Audit Readiness Support - Multiple Openings
Location:Defense Health Headquarters (DHHQ), Falls Church, VA 22042
Clearance: Active/Interim Secret Clearance Required
We are currently seeking qualified candidates looking for exciting career opportunities in audit readiness for the following open positions:
- Senior Advisor: Performs field work and supervises staff professionals. Completes more difficult and technical tasks. Analyzes engagement progress and meets regularly with key stakeholders regarding budget and engagement issues. Generally, possesses 2-4 years of experience, with at least 1 year of experience as an auditor or advisor on engagements for the private sector, the Federal government or in another specialized area required by a task order. Salary range: $75,000-90,000
- Staff Advisor (JUNIOR): Performs specifically assigned tasks in accordance with directions provided by management. Generally, possesses up to 2 years of experience on engagements for the private sector, the Federal government or in another specialized area required by a task order. Salary Range: $55,000-65,000
- Experience with Department of Defense accounting/audit readiness related to financial reporting.
- Experience with developing and implementing test of design.
- Experience testing test of effectiveness of internal controls.
- Managers Internal Control Program (MICP).
- Experience with financial reporting consolidation.
- DDRS Journal Voucher Assessment.
- Systems experience DAI, GFEBS, STARS-FL, and/or GAFSR
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- 1 year or more of related work experience.
- 24 hours of accounting courses from an accredited college.
- Certified Public Accountant, or sufficient course work to achieve CPA certification upon passing the examination.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
Heartland Point of Contact: If you are interested in this position, please contact Heartland Chief Operating Officer, Tim Newland, at 703-596-0238 or by email: #removed#
For additional information, please visit Heartland Consulting at #removed#
Heartland Consulting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability status. We E-Verify all employees.
Founded in 2009 by a Marine Corps Veteran, Heartland is fully committed to its vision–to “Create Value for America.” We are working to realize this vision by combining our deep understanding of Federal agency operations, demands, and requirements with the management consulting, information technology, financial management and business services experience our clients need to be successful. We are passionate about making government and commercial agencies more successful at fulfilling their mission and serving their stakeholders. We make your mission ours. Heartland works with clients to maximize efficiencies through innovation, to execute the program based on the highest professional standards and to drive towards success meeting expectations for higher efficiency of operations. Our consulting services are a superb complement to the government’s core mission of efficiency, economy, and security allowing us to serve across a wide range of agencies.
A certified Native American-owned SBA certified 8(a) and Veteran-Owned Small Business located in McLean, VA, we are dedicated to providing employment opportunities to our Nation’s veterans.
Role: Audit Staff Advisors - Multiple Positions (DHA): Secret Clearance
Location: Falls Church,
Apply for this job now.