Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About the Role:
· As part of our strategic drive to grow our postgraduate provision, we are launching a new Applied Performance Analysis in Sport MSc from September 2020.
· This course has required significant investment and we are confident that given our strengths in being at the interface between theory and practice, we can offer a postgraduate qualification, which produces employment ready graduates. As such, we are looking for an outstanding individual to join our University Sport Department.
· We are willing to consider an individual who might wish to continue their professional development through a Hartpury funded part-time PhD alongside a full-time or fractional teaching post.
· You will have experience of teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate level within the field of applied performance analysis in sport, and/or have significant industry experience to be able to inform your teaching.
· You will have a relevant postgraduate qualification, and bring with you experience of the applied sports performance analysis industry.
· Your experience of working in applied contexts will enable you to contribute to teaching and learning activities focused on; the application and knowledge of contemporary performance technologies, in-depth awareness of using and presenting data sets, ability to design and implement metrics, dashboards and communication tools using various software/coding platforms and skills on both Mac and Windows platforms.
· You will be committed to creating a high quality student experience, evidenced through a focus on excellence within teaching and learning. A record of active research and knowledge exchange is welcomed but not essential.
· You will also have a clear appreciation of the connectivity between theory and practice and the ability to foster industry partnerships to develop placement links for our students
· You will be able to demonstrate a willingness to continue to develop your record of practice and scholarship.
What we Offer:
· Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
· Teachers’ pension scheme
· Employee discounts scheme
· Onsite fitness facilities
· Support for continuous professional development
· Flexible working opportunities available
· 35 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 31st May 2020
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Role: Lecturer in Sports Performance Analysis
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent , Part Time
Apply for this job now.