- Ensure that products leaving the company are effective and free from defects, operational problems or errors
- Verify the accuracy and performance of products troubleshoot any corrections of problems or issues in a manufacturing environment
- Determine Quality improvement goals by identifying six sigma or lean improvement methods in regards to process
- Lead, facilitate, and participate in process improvement events providing Lean Tools such as Pareto Charts, Value Stream Mapping, and or Process Flow Charts
- Participate and or Lead AS9100 or ISO 9001 audits internal and external 3rd party auditors.
- Interact with Customers as Quality Representative in Customer Source Inspection and audit events
- Disposition of Production Hardware in accordance with IPC-A-610 and IPC-WHMA-A-620
- Monitor and disposition of Material Review Board (MRB) hardware
- When required, generate internal and external Corrective Action Requests (CAR) verifying implementation and effectiveness
- Work with Manufacturing Floor Control system ensuring accuracy of recorded data
- Give feedback on the usability aspects of products and provide ideas for modifications and improvements.
- Discuss new product implementation with the development team and the manufacturing group
- Assess the effectiveness, accuracy or safety of new products based on existing safety standards or performance guidelines
- Data entry, recording of results and completion of paperwork in a timely fashion
- Meet with the development team to share results and recommendations
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledgeable in current and ongoing quality processes and procedures
- Attention to detail; Objective is to look for ways to prevent defects in production
- Ability to work within a team environment, collaborating on all levels providing Quality support
- Effective communication skills
- Effective computer skills, fluent in Microsoft Office
A minimum of 8+ years in a comparable Quality Management System field
Bachelor's Degree or minimum related experience as a Quality Engineer
Job-Related Training: AS9100/ISO 9001; Subversion; Microsoft Office, IPC-A-610 and IPC-WHMA-A-620.
Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
GECO Inc is one of the premier up-and-coming embedded computer systems providers for the Aerospace Industry Located in Mesa Arizona, GECO is a 23-year old company that designs and manufactures avionics and other embedded computer hardware and software products. We are a great team of smart, nice people who work hard and enjoy what they create.
Role: Quality Assurance Engineer
Apply for this job now.