Telford and Wrekin Council are currently searching for an experienced Locum Social Worker to join their Child Protection Team based out of their head office in Central Telford.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic Child Protection team with a history of typically long contracts due to their working environment and team structure.
Managing a defined caseload, the Social Worker is responsible for working effectively with children, young people and families/carers to achieve positive change and improved outcomes. This includes enquiry, assessment, purposeful intervention through direct work and review in relation to Child Protection, Child in Need and Children Looked After, achieving permanency through care for Children in Care Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities.
- Chair Statutory Child Placement reviews.
- Provide consultation/guidance to operational staff on practice or procedural issues in relation child protection, including matters arising from child protection conferences.
- Play a part in quality assurance, through regular audits and monitoring of practice in relation to Reviews and Conferences and providing individual feedback to operational staff and managers.
- Liaise with other agencies and services working within the field of child care.
- Involvement in the delivery of relevant training, or other information sharing with Children and family services or to multi-agency audiences as part of councils safeguarding board.
Contribute to the planning and development of services to children in relation to child protection.
Support where appropriate, the work of the Team Manager.
Be part of team monitoring and evaluation, of the effectiveness of current policy, procedures, practice and resources and to report deficiencies to managers.
Establish, develop and maintain productive working relationships, through liaison and joint work with other agencies, organisations, groups and individuals within the team's operational remit.
What you will receive from us
- Medicare First is a first tier recruitment provider to local authorities so you will have access to opportunities before they reach many other agencies
- Opportunity as a Medicare First worker to access continued lines of work
- Excellent rates of pay both (Umbrella companies, Limited Company and PAYE welcomed)
- Your own dedicated consultant who will manage your registrations through to clearance
- Your own personal consultant
- Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
We would like to hear from you if you think you meet the requirements. Please call Cindia on [... Click Apply...]to discuss further details.