The candidate's responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company. This position requires expertise in full cycle accounting in GL, AR, AP, Cost Accounting, inventory, month-end close and reconciliations. Excellent interpersonal skills are needed for interfacing with senior management, auditors, nursery partners and other members of our team.
- AP, AR, Billing, and GL Accounting; maintain the chart of accounts
- Conduct reconciliation of bank accounts, credit cards, Expensify, Tradogram, and Bill.com
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Issue invoices to customers and ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Tag and monitor fixed assets and maintain fixed assets schedule
- Reconcile inventory and track costs
- Maintain inventory rollforward schedule
- Participate in the monthly close process by preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliation.
Required Skills and Education:
- The candidate must be authorized to work in the United States without Visa support.
- Deep working knowledge of Quickbooks Online.
- The candidate should have an BS degree in accounting or finance.
- 5+ years of accounting experience and strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
Powered by JazzHR