Teaching · Assume personal responsibility for the academic progress of all students· Implement a coherent, research-based curriculum· Document all syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, rubrics, and other instructional materials and methods · Use consistent school-wide practices and individualized methods to engage students in the classroom
Classroom Management · Create, monitor, and sustain a disciplined school culture of high academic and behavioral standards · Provide structure in the classroom by developing and reinforcing school-wide rules and expectations · Ensure smooth operation of all classroom instructional functions without excuses or exceptions
Data Analysis · Develop and use a variety of assessment data to refine curricula and instructional practice · Evaluate academic achievement through detailed data analysis of student performance
Student Support & School Culture · Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families, and colleagues· Develop and maintain positive, strong classroom culture
- Results-driven educator with experience in, and commitment to, standards-based curriculum and the use of data and assessments to drive instructional decisions·
- Outstanding classroom teacher who has demonstrated quantifiable and objective student performance gains·
- Manager of an urban classroom who has used discipline, structure, appropriate incentives, and high expectations to achieve measurable academic and civic success ·
- Desire to be held accountable for student academic growth and academic results ·
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a diverse team of teachers·
- Technological proficiency with a basic understanding of data analysis·
- Professional demeanor, strong work-ethic, detail-driven work style with excellent organizational skills ·
- Ambitious nature interested in growing as an educator and reaching high standards professionally·
- Committed to getting the job done well, no matter what the obstacles or how long it takes·
- Passionately dedicated to the school’s mission and a steadfast belief that all students deserve preparation for the college of their choice and active citizenship
Educational Background and Work Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred· At least two years of urban teaching experience preferred· Certification in subject area REQUIRED
Alignstaffing was founded over 15 years ago on the idea of bridging the divide between talented candidates in the education, healthcare and social services sectors, and the companies and institutions that need them. Our partnership with your organization allows you to focus your energies on what’s most important. We understand the demands you face – time is crucial, and the right staffing, essential. Our experienced team of recruiters can save you that valuable time by always having staff available, credentialed and ready to assist.
From his own personal experience as a young student in special education, alignstaffing’s founder, Aaron Copeland, came to understand the importance of professionals in these fields, not only to the institutions they work for, but to the populations they serve.
Alignstaffing is the premier staffing provider for education, healthcare, and social services in the Washington, D.C. area, including northern Virginia, Prince George’s County, and Montgomery County. We are committed to being responsive and to aligning our services with your needs. It was the soul of the business 15 years ago and it remains so today.
Our Guiding Principles
Quality of life for our staff, clients, business partners and community.
•We recognize the human element of business.
•We see our staff, our clients, our partners and the community as individuals and people.
•We value quality of life at work as well as outside of work.
Commitment to delivering an exceptional experience.
•We are committed to our clients’ exceptional experience.
•We understand our clients’ challenges, needs and goals.
•We have a high sense of urgency to deliver on our promises.
Making our expertise a distinguishing value.
•We recognize that our clients require expertise.
•We aspire to become a trusted advisor.
•We strive to improve our expertise.
Making the complex simple.
•We outsource everything we are not experts in.
•We stay within our core competencies.
•We strive to communicate succinctly, candidly and with transparency.
Role: General Education Teacher
Apply for this job now.