Job Title: AV / Video Teleconferencing Engineer
Job Number: 2161
Location: Washington, DC The office building is near the Foggy Bottom Metro Station. U.S. Department of State SA-5 (American Pharmacists Association Building): 2200 C Street NW, Washington, DC 20520
Clearance: **Candidate MUST possess an Active Secret Clearance**
Indrasoft, Inc. has an immediate need for a highly qualified Video Teleconferencing Engineer to be a key player on IndraSoft’s project. The project supports global collaborative systems that increase world-wide understanding and good-will through international education programs. The team operates like a small family -collaboration is encouraged and the atmosphere is varied and fun. We need people with very strong technical expertise and substantial hands-on working experience with providing audio/visual support, digital media production and general media services assistance. He/she will provide a broad range of video support operations services in support of activities, presentations, video conferences and productions. He/she must be familiar with pre and post production video operations including live recording and set production and should possess a mix of skills and abilities that will allow for a high level of performance.
IndraSoft, Inc. is one of DC region's fastest growing and successful companies and was recently selected as a finalist for GovCon’s Greater Washington Government Contractor Award. We offer competitive compensation and benefits programs and foster an atmosphere where employees are valued, accomplishment are recognized and career growth is fostered.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree (with training emphasis in audio-visual technology and communications) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
- 5+ years of related audio visual technical experience.
- 2-5 years prior work experience working within a client service role.
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating Systems, platforms and technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio.
- Experience with Polycom and Tandberg and Cisco Video Conferencing Products a must.
- Experience with audio / video devices (BiAmp, Clearone, NCE, Christie, Crestron, Extron, AMX, Genfen etc.) preferred.
- Experience with DLP and LCD projectors.
- Knowledge and experience with troubleshooting AV conferencing systems.
- Knowledge of digital media systems is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Work, PowerPoint etc.) required.
- Videoconferencing Engineer certification preferred.
- CTS certification is a plus.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance up to and including Secret-Level and ability to obtain DOS clearances.
- Must be U.S. Citizen.
- Excellent communication, business analytical and problem-solving/trouble-shooting skills.
- Effective Customer Service and management skills/capabilities; including a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or externally.
- Strong English language skills (both written and verbal).
- ***Candidate MUST Have a min. Secret Security clearance and maintain such clearance.***
- Master’s Degree (with training and emphasis in audio-visual technology and communications. Active security clearance with minimum level of Secret, or ability to obtain security clearance minimum Secret level.
- CTS certification.
- Videoconferencing Engineer certification.
- Experience supporting the Department of State.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support during videoconferences.
- Schedule VTCs and each room’s use and resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Coordinate and test computer network connections for videoconference.
- Provide technical services for setting up computer presentations and other activities.
- Coordinate on computer enhancements and maintenance activities on electronic equipment, track the status through completion.
- Provide Audio visual support during internal and external events.
- Provide video recording services, in multiple formats, of selected events.
- Support DOS client in the day-to-day operation and functionality of their helpdesk and administrative needs.
- Enter and track trouble tickets accurately and ensure failed equipment/systems are repaired or restored in a timely manner keeping the COR informed of status.
- Oversee the creating and coordination of audio-visual, video and slide presentations.
- Consult with customer to determine their needs and ensure proper and timely provision of audio-visual support.
- Participate in root-cause analysis of technical issues to assist with the resolution of trouble tickets as required.
- Utilize electronic production capabilities and software including (MS Office, Mirage, CorelDraw, Harvard Graphics etc.), to create and coordinate the production of audio-visual presentations and training materials, which includes research and development, customer consultations and conceptualization for script.
- Plan develop, produce and/or direct audio-visual, video and slide presentations.
- Independently works on routine assignments.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Leading Innovation and High Quality Information Technology Services
Since 2002, IndraSoft has successfully provided IT solutions to major customers that include the U.S. Air Force, Defense Logistics Agency, USTRANSCOM, U.S. Marine Corps, Environmental Protection Agency, Department of State, and Department of Justice. Our professional staff has broad software and network experience and expertise that include software and network engineering, development, sustainment, migration, integration, training, help desk support, testing and operational support. We follow a well-defined process to understand the customer’s information technology needs and then provide timely and affordable solutions that meet those needs.
IndraSoft is a certified small business, woman and minority-owned corporation. IndraSoft’s proven leadership in IT systems, exceptional customer service, and solid hands-on technical expertise has made way for its leading innovation and quality IT services.
Role: Video Teleconferencing (VTC) Engineer
Apply for this job now.