COMPANY: TWENTY RECRUITMENT GROUP
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: £80,0000 per year
A global financial services organisation are looking for a commercial, forward looking qualified accountant with significant years PQE to support the Finance team in a number of change and improvement projects, whilst managing the financial close process and year end reporting for 15+ entities in consolidation.
- Manage and oversee the finance activities performed by on & off-shore financial accountants in the monthly close process for multiple entities
- Assist in the annual Budget process including summarising financial performance of legal entities to Finance Business Partners
- Oversee the end to end finance processes, partnering with Finance Operations, Payroll, Treasury, Accounts Payable and Intercompany teams to execute accounting and finance matters.
- Identify and implement improvements to the month end processes, accounting close model and controls.
- Lead in the development of entity financial control environment, including critical analysis of key balance sheet accounts, cash flow forecasts, liquidity assessments and oversight of sub-ledger reconciliations.
- Manage the preparation of the external reporting submissions under IFRS
- Responsible for the planning the accounting team’s production statutory accounts.
- Key point of contact for the external auditors, including impairment reviews and going concern assessments.
- Prepare ad-hoc accounting papers, dividend proposals and briefing memos for distribution to Boards of Directors
Personal Qualities & Experience
- Big 4 qualified Chartered Accountant with minimum 5 years PQE
- Previous experience managing a team of considerable size
- Strong financial accounting and control experience
- Used to operating at a fast paced environment
- Experience working on large multi-currency consolidations and matrix structures.
- Strong stakeholder management / collaborative working across all levels in the business
- Oracle systems knowledge