Hampshire schools have expressed an interest repeatedly recently in seeing TA's with sporting or coaching backgrounds. We are looking for TA's who would be comfortable participating in and potentially leading sporting activities at a primary school level. This may consist of assisting across the school's year groups for PE lessons or with extra-curriculum sports activities or inter-school competitions.
The schools require individuals who can organise lessons as if they were training sessions with a view for health and ability development. This is a non-sport specific role and will require a working knowledge of sports such as Football, Rugby, Netball, Basketball & Athletics.
Whilst the desired focus of this role is sport, applicants must be well-suited and interested in classroom settings also. Ideally your aptitude for 1:1 and large group sessions will be easily transferred to both environments.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a conscientious and empathetic person who is capable of being firm when required.
- Someone who strives to help pupils reach their potential.
- Be an imaginative problem solver and good communicator.
- Be ready to make a profound difference in pupil's education.
- Have a sporting background and ability to pass on knowledge.
The benefits of the role include:
- Excellent chance to build a school-wide relationship and career with a variety of well-resourced schools.
- Being at the core of local community.
- Help children use sport as a physical outlet
- Teach children the significance of health and fitness
- Dedicated personal consultant.
- Pension Scheme & competitive, weekly pay.