COMPANY: AMERICAN AIRLINES
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Location: CLT Westlake Bus Park (CLT-WLBP)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 33952 Intro
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you'll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!Why you'll love this job
What you'll do
- This job is a member of the Maintenance Optimization Team within the Integrated Operations Division.
- Responsible for assisting in the creation of web applications which would automate decision support processes for Line Maintenance. Also responsible for leading technical solutions throughout entire product lifecycle, from initial explorations through final design deliverables. Participates in research and implementation of new technologies to enhance current processes, security, and performance.
All you'll need for successMinimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Learns and understands business functions of user groups and work cross-functionally with Tech Ops IT groups to provide efficient user interfaces for immediate and future needs of the Tech Ops organization
- Creates Single Page Applications that consume internal REST APIs, and work with the team on creating standards
- Maintains current applications, including, bug fixes, feature enhancements and performance tuning, troubleshoot and debugs complex issues; identifies and implement solutions
- Develops and provides support for multiple applications
- Works closely with Line Maintenance department end users to ensure deployments roll out smoothly and customer group receives appropriate support
- Builds small applications with specific purposes to help resolve business needs
- Creates new ideas and processes for current applications to improve performance
- Communicates project status and roadblocks to the team
- Assists in code review
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 3 years' experience in application development
- Demonstrated experience in Front end technologies: Angular, HTML5, CSS3, Require JS, SP Service JS; REST and SOAP Web services
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Strong knowledge of Git/GitHub repositories
What you'll get
- Knowledge of the following software:
- Angular (most recent version)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated individual with experience working independently and as part of a cross functional team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, shift priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to handle and resolve multiple event problems and open to changing processes and goals
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
Feel Free to be yourself at American
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you'll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that's just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself - that's why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life's journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 33952 - provided by Dice