Our client is seeking a Duty Manager to join the team at their award winning 4-star Hotel.
Reporting to the Deputy General Manager, the Duty General Manager will primarily be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the estate. To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will enjoy the prospect of working in a fast-paced, busy working environment and, ideally, have experience in a busy 4* property.
The company are seeking an experienced Duty Manager with strong management and people management skills. The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of the Hotel Operations including Conference and Banqueting Department, ensuring that all areas of the Hotel meet with the standards of quality and service.
The successful candidate will work with the Management team to optimise profits and increase sales, promote new and diverse business. The Duty Manager will also provide support to the Deputy General Manager for all hotel operations and work directly with and support all Heads of Departments in all aspects of the running of the hotel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Hands on experience in Hotel operations, specifically, Food & Beverage; Conference & Banqueting and Front of House
- Fully responsible for all aspects of smooth operations in all departments.
- Support, coach and mentor each department manager.
- Ensure the premises are in operative condition and able to receive and serve guests with service excellence.
- Conduct regular operations team meetings with all HOD's daily / weekly to discuss routine operational matters, sales targets, guest reviews and action taken for service recovery and also any staff issues.
- Ensure SOP implementation in all departments and check the same during routine operational checks.
- Ensure a professional, friendly and courteous service to all guests
- To ensure that guests are warmly welcomed and are dealt with in an efficient and professional manner
- To liaise with and assist in departments as required
- Random inspecting of the stores (F&B, Kitchens) to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry etc)
- Monitor the co-ordination between departments for smooth and efficient operations.
- Identifying staff learning needs and assisting with development.
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of commercial and financial knowledge.
- Passionate about standards and provision of excellence in hospitality
- Ability to lead and motivate a strong team of Departmental Managers and drive inclusiveness throughout the organisation
- Strong personality and ability to promote a fun through work ethos
- Ability to apply a common-sense approach to problem solving and foresight to anticipate and prevent problems developing
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Understanding of Hotel related laws and regulations including Health & Safety, Food Safety and COSHH legislation.
Key Skills and Experience include;
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Self-motivated and have the ability to prioritise work.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience in a similar role in a 4/5-star property
- Excellent customer focused manner at all times
- Proactive positive attitude and must possess strong strategic thinking skills
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- A good eye for detail and a desire to take responsibility, through to resolution, for issues and concerns generated by our guests
- Flexibility with working hours is essen