Wages of $20 per hour are available for assignments that are 12-weeks in length.
Are you #ReadyToWork and looking to try the healthcare field? Ready for a change to a meaningful career and a higher wage? Redstone @ Home is immediately hiring PCA's (Personal Care Aides) to work weekends to assist with resident care. As a weekend PCA on our Rapid Response Team, you will work 4 shifts; for a total of 16-20 hours every Saturday & Sunday.
Redstone is dedicated to a safe environment for our employees and residents, offering frequent Covid-19 testing and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment. Campuses in Greensburg, North Huntingdon, and Murrysville offer ample free parking and a safe and clean work environment. Healthcare experience is not required. We will train you for this special opportunity.
What does Redstone offer me?
- A shared Vision to be difference makers and world changers for our residents, clients and the community.
- Redstone puts people before tasks: Staff are connected and part of a team of caring, hard working professionals!
- Comprehensive benefits including opportunities for Tuition Assistance, On-going Career Development and Employee Recognition Programs!
What will I do as an employee with Redstone?
As a PCA Personal Care Assistant, supporting the Redstone mission will include the following responsibilities:
- Provide psychosocial support and personal care to the client, including bathing (tub, shower, sponge, or bed bath), oral hygiene, hair care, shampooing, shaving, skin care, nail care, foot care, and dressing.
- Assist client with mobility, including walking, transferring, turning, and positioning including the use of transfer devices such as the Hoyer lift and transfer board. Assist client with prescribed exercises to which the client and the aide have been trained.
- Assist with toileting needs, including assistance with bedpan, urinal, bedside commode, toilet use and incontinence care.
- Plan, shop, prepare, or assist with nutritious meals and prescribed diets; includes cleanup of kitchen area.
- Assist clients to self-administer-medications. Verbally prompt or assist clients to respond to electronic medication reminder systems.
- Provide homemaking services, such as bed making, light housework, laundering, and errand running with client/family's agreement or accompanying client to medical appointments as specified on Care Plan.
- Observing, reporting, and documenting client status and the care or service furnished.
What do I need for this role with Redstone?
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania Driver's License in good standing, free of traffic violations. Excellent driving skills with good judgment. Reliable, independent transportation for use when assignment includes travel between campuses on the same day
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a passion for providing compassionate and heart-felt care to our residents and clients.
What makes Redstone unique?
- Serving Westmoreland County since 1980, Redstone is a name people have grown to know and trust. We offer a full array of services for ages 55+ from Retirement Living, Personal Care, Long Term Care & Rehabilitation, and Redstone@Home Hospice, Home Care & Home Health Services.
- A non-profit faith-based organization, Redstone employs a philosophy based upon a ministry of caring and treating each resident with respect and dignity.
- Our collaborative approach modeled by our Leadership reflect our Core Values: Respect, Quality, Truth, Teamwork, Life Balance and Life-Long Learning.
Redstone Presbyterian SeniorCare and its Affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and follows a practice of affirmative action in promoting equal employment opportunity. Redstone Presbyterian SeniorCare and its Affiliates do not discriminate on actions involving recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment and promotion.