COMPANY: GEOLOGICS CORPORATION
JOB TYPE: Contract, FullTime
AWS Cloud Engineer needed --- Location: Jet Propulsion Laboratory - Pasadena, CA
US CITIZENS & GREEN CARD ONLY APPLY - NO 3RD PARTY CANDIDATES
Raytheon/JPL is looking for an AWS Cloud Engineer. You will work for GeoLogics Corporation onsite at the JPL offices in Pasadena, CA. This is a multi-year contract position and the hourly rate is OPEN.
You must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder to apply.
Raytheon Pasadena is looking for an AWS Cloud Engineer to work on multiple missions for our JPL/NASA customer. The successful candidate will participate in the creation and maintenance of development, test and production environments with a goal of high availability, fault-tolerance and scalability supporting multiple projects and missions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation of continuous integration and deployment of code to the cloud hosted environments to accelerate development, reduce manual effort and modernize critical missions.
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of the infrastructure on Amazon Web Service Government Cloud
- Manage full application stacks from the OS through custom application using Amazon cloud-based computing environments
- Work closely with the architect and engineers to design networks, systems, and storage environment that effectively reflect business needs, security requirements, and service level requirements
- Work with architecture team to design and implement secure cloud management solutions.
Education (including Major)
Bachelor s degree in STEM and prefer a minimum of 6 years of experience
- Ability to provide best practice guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications and projects of the enterprise
- Experience designing and building AWS services such as EC2, S3, ELB, RDS, Jenkins, etc.
- Ability to create and utilize AWS Cloud Formation templates to automate creation of AWS images
- Experience with software development/languages including Python and Bash
- A team player capable of high performance, flexibility in a dynamic working environment and the ability to lead
- AWS platform capabilities and best practices architectures, and engineering solutions
- Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console
- Knowledge and experience architecting and configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Demonstrate experience providing engineered IT solutions to large programs in support of the customer s mission.
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the higher level of management.
- Solid experience in Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Saltstack
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Lambda, Git, Ruby, Golang
- Relevant technical skills (e.g., scripting, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Linux system administration
If interested in learning more about this position, please email your resume to and I will call back with more information.
888-303-3603 (toll free)
- provided by Dice