Our client, a leading producer of fiber optic cables used in international communication, is seeking a Procurement Buyer to join their team! If problem solving is your passion, and you are looking for a position with long-term potential, apply now!
The position is responsible for supply chain and planning responsibilities associated with the supplier approval process, maintaining purchasing files, developing a production plan, forecast administration, and the managing the vendor approval list.Responsibilities:
Don' t feel you are the best fit for this job but know someone who is? Refer someone who is hired for this role (or ANY other) and we will offer you a referral bonus for helping us to keep our client happy.Please be sure to sign up for email notifications when we post a new opening, or check back with #removed# to see our list of other openings.IND1
- Input purchase orders into appropriate ERP systems. This includes the purchase of both items for resale and MRO items for use in operations.
- Maintain purchasing files and associated documents in order to meet ISO and FDA compliance.
- Issue work orders in support of service operations.
- Maintain and follow purchasing procedures to conform to ISO standards. This includes thorough analysis of potential suppliers and annual review of existing suppliers reviewing costs, quality, delivery, and other pertinent factors.
- Coordinates and expedites the placement of purchase orders and/or delivery of material.
- Maintain the material database within MRP system for accuracy of pricing and specifications.
- Responsible for supporting manufacturing operations with a sound and accurate purchasing schedule on a regular basis.
- Responsible for initiatives driving results measured by lower material costs, more responsive supplier performance, process and service improvements, and productivity throughout the supply chain.
- Assist with tracking the performance of each operation for the assigned responsibility. Assuring that the activity meets the required due date according to the sales forecasts, work order, forecast, etc.
- Plans the process for manufacture, fabrication, assembly, components, assemblies, etc.
- Analyzes and interprets manufacturing bills of material, scopes, specifications, etc.; to determine accurate content and structure.
- Prepares defined work packages, including detailed instructions, drawings, bills of material, references, inspection requirements, etc., to initiate and control production work.
- Monitors, analyzes, and reports performance to schedule of production, and production support activities; utilizing ERP reports along with KPI' s or other internal metrics.
- Ensures that all parties are fully cognizant of production status to the predetermined objectives.
- Interfaces with Quality, Engineering, Customer Service, Management, etc. on a daily basis communicating status and championing issue resolution.
- Coordinates the resolution of discrepancy reports on a timely basis.
- Resolves problems utilizing acquired knowledge and analytical abilities.