JOB SUMMARY: Supervises the day-to-day operations of the Warehouse department, including administrative and clerical functions, to ensure efficient operations and a safe working environment. Schedules and monitors associate activities and equipment use to meet and exceed company objectives.
- Plans, implements, and monitors the day-to-day operations for the warehouse department to ensure that established objectives for shipping, product rotation, sanitation, safety, and timeliness are met or exceeded. (25%)
- Monitors loading, dispatch, and receiving times and makes appropriate changes, ensuring compliance with QIP, HACCP, and DOT regulations. (25%)
- Routinely informs and communicates with associates to ensure compliance with established warehouse productivity, safety, and sanitation policies and procedures. (25%)
- Monitors and completes numerous computer-based and manual reports and related paperwork, including time records, daily logs, damage reports, etc. (10%)
- Monitors product damage and audits routes to ensure reliable product delivery. (5%)
- Plans and schedules manpower. (5%)
- Plans and coordinates vehicle and equipment maintenance and utilization reports. (5%)
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
Supervises of up to 100 hourly associates, depending on size of facility. Manages projects and assignments with significant impact on customer service.
- Productivity/quality standards: efficiency, timeliness, and reliability
- Productivity/quality standards: cases per hour
- Productivity/quality standards: product integrity
- Teamwork within the department and across departments
- Project/assignment standards
- Customer satisfaction
- External relationships with regulatory agencies
- Safety standards and procedures: associates
- Safety standards and procedures: facility and warehouse equipment
- Safety standards and procedures: food safety and handling
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
AA degree from an accredited vocational, technical, or junior college institution. Forklift instructor certification.
3 to 6 years of relevant work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
- Relevant safety policies, practices, and procedures (J)
- Storage and shipment of food or allied products. (B)
- Food and material handling (B)
- Inventory control concepts and techniques (B)
- Barcoding (B)
- Company computer systems (B)
- Warehouse racking systems/processes (B)
- Supervisory concepts and techniques (B)
- Relevant regulatory procedures and standards (OSHA, USDA, AIB, HAACP, etc.) (B)
Skill and ability to:
- Lead a diverse workforce in a 24 hour/7 day per week operation
- Work in a union environment
- Supervise and motivate associates in a team-based environment
- Interpret warehouse operations anomalies and identify appropriate solutions
- Work effectively in a general business environment, with a focus on high levels of quality and customer service
- Act in accordance with GSF’s Values and Creed
Established in 2006 as a division of Golden State Foods, Quality Custom Distribution (QCD) provides custom distribution services to iconic customers throughout the United States. Headquartered in Irvine, California, QCD is values-based and services thousands of restaurants throughout the U.S. In 2016, the company formed QCD Rocky Mountain to better service customers in the Rockies geographic region. Today, QCD has over 17,000 deliveries a week, from 18 Distribution Centers strategically located throughout the country. The company and associates also supports the GSF Foundation for kids, a non-profit organization to help children and families in need.
Role: Warehouse Supervisor
Apply for this job now.