Reporting to the Sawmill Superintendent, you will be responsible for leading a team to achieve and exceed key performance indicator (KPI) targets in safety, quality, cost control, delivery, and employee engagement.
**Please note this is a NIGHT SHIFT position**
- Maintain the highest standards with respect to safety at all times, leading by example and ensuring the team follows all policies, procedures, practices and OSHA regulations
- Address unsafe conditions as required
- Identify opportunities to improve and look for opportunities to reduce cost, while safely meeting production targets
- Coach, train and support team members to maximize performance
- Foster a culture of open communication with employees in all departments and at all levels
- Engage all employees to provide valuable input into work processes and systems
- Ensure the timely implementation of key Corporate and operational initiatives
- Identify and assist in the troubleshooting of equipment
- Safe work habits and a working knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Minimum 3-5 years of sawmill experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience in an industrial environment
- Working knowledge of web-based computer applications and Microsoft Office
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven leadership abilities and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Maintenance experience considered an asset
Canfor is a leading integrated forest products company and one of the world’s largest producers of sustainable lumber, pulp and paper - is a recognized employer of choice and an exciting place to grow your career.
We have an established presence in the southern US and in Western Canada, as well as sales offices around the world, and are proud of our committed team of over 6,500 employees.
As we continue to expand our company and our markets, now is the ideal time to grow your career with Canfor. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees. Join Canfor for the stability, exciting career opportunities and growth potential while working for a recognized industry leader.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Role: Night Shift Sawmill Supervisor
Apply for this job now.