We have been engaged by our client in the Atlanta, GA region to fill a position as a Test Engineer.
Be an integral part of a service provider offering material, component and systems testing, such as environmental simulation, emission and odor, environmental simulation, weathering and corrosion, textile, and interior as well as durability testing.
Test engineer / Laboratory technician / Materials testing
· Conduct destructive and non-destructive material tests and artificial aging, mainly in the area of component validation (e.g. physical tests, paint tests, temperature and climate tests)
· Evaluation of tests according to manufacturer specifications
· Documentation of test results
· Test method validation
· Monitor proposed changes that affect the test procedure or the planning and coordination of work and staffing with the Measuring Station Supervisor.
· Works closely in line with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and is required to report any deviation to the Laboratory Director. Provides support in the creation of SOPs.
· Monitoring and inspection of the proper functioning of the devices and equipment.
· Required to carry out the tests and test methods specified in the measuring station lists in accordance with the corresponding work instructions/processes.
· Must ensure that all the data that are required to produce the test results or that arise during testing are documented and archived.
· Must ensure that all the data that serve to validate the test results (e.g. control standards and zero tests) or that arise during check measurements are documented and archived.
· Carries out plausibility checks on the analysis results produced within own requirements.
· Must ensure that test results are available on schedule and entered into the laboratory computer system promptly, depending on the timing of the results, by the day after testing at the latest.
· Complies with the required health and safety measures and workplace safety regulations.
· Must ensure that any testers assigned to him/her receive comprehensive instruction.
· BS Chemistry or Materials Engineer
· Completed technical studies in Materials Engineering, paint, or equivalent studies
· Approx.. 5 year experience
· Experience in reading and interpreting of standards and test plans
· Knowledge of testing, material validation and quality management
· Good knowledge of English / technical English
· Willingness to travel up to 25% in USA (Southeast and Midwest)
· Good knowledge of MS-Office
· Ability to work independently with great communication skills
· High level of enthusiasm and team spirit
· Potential international travel for training
· Valid driver’s license
Engineering is our profession.
Be an integral part of a service provider offering material, component and systems testing, such as emission and odor, environmental simulation, weathering and corrosion, textile, interior and seating as well as durability testing.
With locations in Europa, Asia and the USA, our client is looking for a candidate with testing experience who works well in a small team environment.
Role: Test engineer / Laboratory technician / Materials testing
Apply for this job now.