Packing Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and directing all employees and activities required to process and package customer orders in preparation for shipment on a daily basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform the work functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for all phases of the packing function required to plan and package daily customer orders based on information from Sales Team.
· Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for employee safety, product quality, packing efficiency and state and federal guidelines.
· Develop and maintain all sanitation, processing and food safety standards required for handling, slicing, and packing fresh mushrooms.
· Direct and motivate crew members in meeting plant and company objectives.
· Utilize Continuous Improvement processes to drive improvements and manage cost control.
· Provides supervision of assigned employees in scheduling, staffing and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management.
· Trains and instructs employees regarding production and equipment standards and processes. Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
· Maintain and enforce all quality standards and customer specifications.
· Analyzes and resolves work, production, cooler and warehouse issues, or assists employees in solving problems.
· Provide management with analytical support of operating cost in the Packing department.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Should be well informed of proper care, and maintenance of equipment
· Maintain good housekeeping practices in work areas and general plant area.
· Analyze efficiencies of pack lines and Assist in evaluation of material waste.
Direct Reports: Packing Lead Persons, Packing Team Members
In addition to managing current direct reports; this position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management within that department.
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting and training direct reports.
- Is responsible for reviewing performance and administers corrective action.
- Plans the work schedules, assigns duties, tracks absenteeism and reviews work to ensure quality standards.
- Responsible for monitoring work for legal or regulatory compliance.
- Observes and practices safety and housekeeping procedures at all times.
· Planning and Organizing – Engages in short and long-term planning, sets priorities to optimize time usage, adheres to schedules and plans.
· Creativity and Innovation – Initiates conceptual ideas with practical applications, develops creative strategies and opportunities, creative thinking and problem solving, promotes a creative climate.
· Judgment and Decision Making – Solves problems, considers relevant alternatives before making decisions, displays intuitive judgment, shows timeliness and conviction in making recommendations and decisions.
· Teamwork and Relationship-Building Skills – Assists team members in accomplishing their objectives by helping things go right, establishes effective working relationships, and promotes team efforts.
· Adaptability and Change Management Skills – Ability to change to fit changed circumstances. Has the skill to multi- task and juggle competing priorities.
· Develops Subordinates or Self – Helps subordinates learn and grow, maintains current knowledge in the field.
· Communication and Cooperation – Effectively communicates upward, downward and laterally. Prevents unproductive responses, improves the effectiveness of communications and interactions with others.
· Accountability and Productivity – Holds themselves accountable to team members, accepts responsibility for their own decisions, sustains peak performance and solves problems that impede productivity.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
· Good vision, hearing, and good coordination are required. Ability to read, write, perform mathematical functions.
· Regular and predictable attendance. Work schedule may vary depending on operational needs during the work week.
· Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
· Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
· Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
· Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
· Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or Equivalent.
· 2 to 3 years direct supervision experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Bilingual and Biliterate in English and Spanish
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Working in the packing facilities this role will be required to use appropriate food safety and workers safety equipment such as hearing protection, hairnet, smock, etc., as required by the location.
TOOLS, APPLICATIONS & EQUIPMENT USED:
General office equipment, Manual Pallet Jacks, Carts, Forklifts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The physical requirements listed below are rated on a percentage per workday basis. Reference is made according to the terms "Seldom" (1-19%), "Occasional" (20-39%), "Frequent" (40-79%), and "Continuous" (80-100%).
· Standing/Walking: Walking is expected delivering reports to various departments.
· Sitting: Occasional. Sitting is required to coordinate paper work related to tasks.
· Lifting/Carrying: Occasional. Lifting and carrying is required when assisting an employee during their normal job. Be able to lift 25 lbs.
· Pushing/Pulling: Occasional.
· Reaching/Stretching: Occasional. Reaching and stretching is required to place paper work into files on an overhead shelf approximately 6 feet.
· Bending/Stooping: Occasional. Bending and stooping is required when filing and organizing paper work.
· Kneeling: Seldom.
· Vision: Abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Hearing –Abilities required perceiving sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
Employee works indoors in an office with considerable time spent in the packing room area typically cooled to 32 to 70 degrees. Surface is that of level concrete.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
All Salaried positions must be posted on the company bulletin board for a minimum of 7 days prior to external recruitments. External and Internal candidates must complete an employment application for consideration of the open position.
The story of how our customer came to be is one of the great business success stories of our times. The company has been synonymous with innovative engineering, uncompromising quality and a superior customer service experience. The evolution of our products is evidence of our ability and commitment to meet the unique and ever-changing needs of our customers; and to fulfill the vision for the future, in advance of market demands.
Role: Bilingual- English & Spanish - 1st shift Packing Supervisor
Apply for this job now.