Eckerd Connects Workforce Development, Youth Programs
Eckerd Connects provides Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) services through contracts with the U.S. Department of Labor and local workforce boards that create a career pathway for youth by providing skills development, academic instruction, career & technical education, and access to the 14 WIOA Youth Elements. Programs include Out of School Youth (OSY) programs for youth ages 16-24 and In School Youth (ISY) programs for youth ages 14-21.
Please follow the link for more information about our Workforce Programs: https://eckerd.org/workforce-development/
The Workforce Operations Assistant is an integral part of the Eckerd Workforce Development Team. The responsibilities of this position include screening and fielding calls; managing calendars; arranging for meeting and programmatic events; preparing reports, filing and entering data; receiving and directing visitors; word processing; creating spreadsheets and presentations. The Operations Assistant may be required to assist with overflow work from other members of the team. The successful candidate for this positon will demonstrate strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff and outside clients and vendors.
- Provides general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying, reserves space, orders refreshments and prepares presentation materials for meetings and workshops as needed.
- Schedules participant intake, orientation, and workshops.
- Writes and distributes email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms.
- Establishes and maintains monthly and quarterly reports for both internal and external customers as well as community partners to ensure the timely and accurate flow of information.
- Develops and maintains a filing system; ensures files are organized, accurate, up-to-date, and clearly marked for easy access.
- Ensures quality control by ensuring all documentation is scanned and accurate in the database and/or State Reporting System.
- Conducts follow-up services by contacting participants and documenting current status on a monthly basis.
- Conducts random file audits to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local requirements.
- Orders, inventories, and monitors supplies.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: 2+ years of hands on administrative support experience.
Skills: Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook a must, knowledge of operating standard office equipment, excellent communication skills both written and verbal, ability to prioritize projects, strong problem solving skills, good research skills and attention to detail
Physical Demands: Requires sitting for approximately 2/3 of each day, ability to move or lift up to 25 pounds.
Other: Must have appropriate and valid state driver's license and be able to meet requirements for Eckerd's Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes. Must meet state criminal background check requirements. Some travel maybe required.
Travel: Must be able to meet requirements for Eckerd's Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes.
Eckerd wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education, advancement, and the chance to contribute to business objectives. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year
• Employee Wellness/Well-Being program
• 9 paid holidays
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5%
• Employee Referral Program
• Paid short-term and long-term disability
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Mileage reimbursement
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Flexible work schedules
• Professional group liability insurance
Make more than a Living, Make a Difference
Eckerd Connects is a national nonprofit organization headquartered in Clearwater, Florida that has given much-needed chances to nearly 200,000 children and families. Eckerd provides a full continuum of life-changing behavioral health, child welfare services and workforce development through multiple offices and facilities nationwide that strengthen families and help children succeed.
Family has always been at the heart of Eckerd Connects. Founded in 1968 by philanthropists, Jack and Ruth Eckerd, who believed every child deserves the opportunity to succeed. Given our 50+ year history of success, breadth and depth of services, and commitment to performance measurement and quality outcomes, Eckerd has become known as the first name in second chances for children and families.